Land Rover Discovery Sport in the Smokeys

It's a shame what's happened to that brand. Used to be the most capable off-road vehicle made.

Negative. If you've been under both, the difference is glaring. The new Disco looks like a Ford Explorer.

I liked the pictures,they were pretty smart though,they started the trip off with filling the gas tank :)

I've fanasized about dropping one of those in, but the motor far exceeds the value of the truck!

There is a mint bone stock P38 around my town that I would love to have. Their look still holds up, IMO. But so does the DII.

Where are you? We're going on a trip to Hot Springs in November with the Arkansas Range Rover Society. Is the P38 for sale?

Southwest of Atlanta. The P38 isn't for sale. I wish it was. It's the same color as your Disco. Flawless...

You ever browse any LR forums? They're all the time doing meet-ups and trail events. Also great resources for tech advice and cheap parts.

While I was doing my rebuild I read a lot of info on many aftermarket 4.6's. The Cannibal motor is a very good one, but have heard the one from Turners Engineering (from the UK) is superior and the price is comparable. Stay away from the Atlantic British ones.

Last edited:
Southwest of Atlanta. The P38 isn't for sale. I wish it was. It's the same color as your Disco. Flawless...

You ever browse any LR forums? They're all the time doing meet-ups and trail events. Also great resources for tech advice and cheap parts.

While I was doing my rebuild I read a lot of info on many aftermarket 4.6's. The Cannibal motor is a very good one, but have heard the one from Turners Engineering (from the UK) is superior and the price is comparable. Stay away from the Atlantic British ones.

Yea Atlantic British is okay for some parts. Never heard of Turner. What is the ATL shop. I use Midtown Motorwerks here in Memphis. The P38 is going to Nigel Car Place in Little Rock to get another engine.

Attachments

• 20150309_073136.jpg
    20150309_073136.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 8
There was a guy selling a Rhino Edition P38 for 2500.00. He didn't know what he had lol. I went to get it and it was gone.

I do my own wrenching but have heard of "The Shop" and "Road Britannia" that have good reps. Both are on the north side.

I do too. The P38 has been sitting so long I just want him to deal with it. Toddco has some events coming up too. May try to make those too.

Not exactly the Smokey' but nonetheless a great video.

https://youtu.be/UGWp8R-IqoE

Last edited:

VN Store

Back