Flu Shot

Coug

Well, I pulled the trigger on a flu shot yesterday. I went to Walgreens and got it there. I questioned the Pharmacist on whether or not they had the quadrivalent shot and it just so happened they did and my insurance covered it($40 without). About 5 hours later I got a mild fever(99.4), but it went away by the time I was going to bed.

They forced us to get flu shots when I was in the AF. I swore when I got out I would never get another one.

The US military needs it's personnel in top notch health if they can help it. It's why you guys always got the best vaccines. You probably thought it was a form of torture and government control when in fact it was just the opposite.

There are a lot of professions outside of the military that require a flu shot, I'm not in one of those but I know the benefits of getting a flu shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The US military needs it's personnel in top notch health if they can help it. It's why you guys always got the best vaccines. You probably thought it was a form of torture and government control when in fact it was just the opposite.

There are a lot of professions outside of the military that require a flu shot, I'm not in one of those but I know the benefits of getting a flu shot.

Oh I understand why. They just always made me feel like crap fora couple of days. That's why I haven't gotten one since. Of course that was in the early 90s so I'm sure the science has advanced light years.

I cringed at the thread title, as this topic usually brings out all kinds of crazy.

It works, it is very safe, and it is the responsible thing to do. Remember that some achiness and even fever is a normal consequence of activating white blood cells. I reassure parents all the time that mild side effects tell us their child has a healthy immune system.

Reactions: 1 person
I would get one even if I wasn't in the military.

I've only gotten one in my life, when my daughter was born. I never get the flu

I've never gotten one. I've had the flu once in 30 years. I'll take my chances.

and when you do, remember what you just said. You will HATE yourself for saying it. And for never getting the shot.

The flu isn't like a 'shake it off' sickness. It will knock your d**k in the dirt. You cant sleep because your muscles ache so bad. You feel worse than crap. Its not like the cold where you can take something to mask the symptoms and go to work. You will stay home.

All I can say is good luck to you.

Reactions: 3 people
and when you do, remember what you just said. You will HATE yourself for saying it. And for never getting the shot.

The flu isn't like a 'shake it off' sickness. It will knock your d**k in the dirt. You cant sleep because your muscles ache so bad. You feel worse than crap. Its not like the cold where you can take something to mask the symptoms and go to work. You will stay home.

Meh....

I've had it one time. I don't get the shot.

To each their own.

Thanks, Mom.

Reactions: 3 people
a good rule of thumb is the older you get the worse it hurts

Hangovers at 50 aint the same as 21. Flu's the same. Takes more time to recover.

trying to help a sista out

Lordy. Amen to that! I'm pushing 40, and I seem to get a hangover by merely walking past the beer cave at the gas station.

I've had the flu three times. I've never had the flu shot. My doctor doesn't recommend it because I had some sort of strange, undiagnosed autoimmune disease. Or at least that's what they think.

Flu shots don't even work

Flu mutates like crazy. Last year everybody who got the shot down here almost got tge flu. My wife, kid's, folks at work and church. Hopefully it'll work better this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Got it Thursday for work. We are required to unless you want to wear a mask for 6 months.

I've never gotten one. I've had the flu once in 30 years. I'll take my chances.

If you're under about 60, healthy and don't have little kids, you'll likely be fine. But, man, if you've ever truly tested positive for actual influenza, it's a place you don't want to go back to.

If you're under about 60, healthy and don't have little kids, you'll likely be fine. But, man, if you've ever truly tested positive for actual influenza, it's a place you don't want to go back to.

It's definitely no fun. I got it good once. I had a fever over 102 for like 4-5 days and felt like I was going to pass out just walking across room. Also literally couldn't taste anything for about a week after I felt better.

Had it 2x in the last 10 years. It sucks more than our play calling with a lead.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back