2015/2016 Deer Season has begun

CountVolcula

Eternal Vol
Good luck to all you fellow hunters

Post pics is you have them

My hands have been a mosquito buffet this morning. Forgot my thermacell

Yup, good luck to all. I'm looking forward to this season. I bet you won't forget that thermacell again.

uuh if anybody has there freeze to stuffed,I would like to help reduce your electric bill :)

Good luck to all. I didn't make it out this weekend. Hopefully next Saturday I will.
Got a few I'm hoping to cross paths with
Good luck and be safe

Got this one yesterday. Now I've got to be picky... Only one more buck allowed for me this year.

Attachments

• IMG_20150927_120404387.jpg
    IMG_20150927_120404387.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: 6 people
I need duck season to get here fast. This football season is wearing on me. I need my other passion to begin so I have another outlet.

Granny and I saw 3 deere behind our house today, coming out of the woods and grazing, looked like a mom and 2 babies.

Babies make the best eating.

I have never ate venison that I like.
There are somewhere between 10 -15 roaming in the woodland and pasture behind our house. We have counted over 50 wild turkeys back there several times theas 3-5 years.

There are somewhere between 10 -15 roaming in the woodland and pasture behind our house. We have counted over 50 wild turkeys back there several times theas 3-5 years.

I love it, my kids even love it.

Give it another look. There are plenty of recipes out there that man the wild taste (I actually like it). But the benefits are great with deer. Little to no cholesterol and about 98% lean.

I kill 3-6 per year during bow, ML, or rifle. I feel the freezer and we eat on it till may or so. I love it and my boys are just getting old enough to sit still long enough to enjoy it. One of my favorite things is to climb in a stand on a cold fall or winter morning. Great away and me time to reflect and see some animals!

I kill 3-6 per year during bow, ML, or rifle. I feel the freezer and we eat on it till may or so. I love it and my boys are just getting old enough to sit still long enough to enjoy it. One of my favorite things is to climb in a stand on a cold fall or winter morning. Great away and me time to reflect and see some animals!

The getting away from everything and just sitting there watching squirrels scurrying around is the best part. Second best is the nervousness that happens everytime I see a buck... No matter how many times I've done it before.

Reactions: 1 person
The getting away from everything and just sitting there watching squirrels scurrying around is the best part. Second best is the nervousness that happens everytime I see a buck... No matter how many times I've done it before.

You hit the nail on the head. I love how quite to outdoors are before sunrise. But as soon as the first glimpse of sunlight starts to break the horizon, the animals and just life in general starts to scurry about. It is incredible to hear and see.

Man.... I hope you're kidding.

Somewhat. I obviously wouldn't shoot a new born. It's true that the younger they are the better the meat is though. Older deer are tough.

I only ever take two deer a season. I always take one trophy buck, and one young deer, preferably a doe. Honestly if I can harvest one that's still got white spots on it, then that's what I do. They have the best most tender meat imaginable.

I'm aware some people may frown at that, but I really don't care. It's perfectly legal too. Deer population is at an all time high since they started recording it. They are basically a nuisance, and that's one of the many reasons I don't feel bad shooting Bambi.

You should harvest one of the fawns and try it then.

Reading all of this makes me want to go to my freezer and have it for dinner tonight.

You've probably never had venison that was properly cooled and dressed. Makes a big difference.

VN Store

Back