Cigars

barknoxbrawler

Any smokers here? I enjoy a good cigar out of the humidor about once a week. I've got a CAO gol lit up now watching the Lightning and enjoying the cool night. Anyone got any favorites to throw out there?
I'm a Romeo y Julieta man usually but I'm starting to like a decent Cohiba as well. I'm hoping to order some Comacho Maduros soon.

Last edited:
I've only ever smoked one when mosquitoes were bad while fishing. A friend had told me to smoke would keep them away, so I'd get a Swisher sweet when night fishing. Haven't done it in a few years though.

I love a good cigar or a nice pipe. These are the simple pleasures of life.
Love the perdomo 20th anniversary

Ashton's vsg is currently my favorite.

Last edited:
I finished up my CAO gol late last night. Did my burn evenly and started to unwrap at the band. I enjoyed the flavor and the length of burn was perfect for the time I wanted to sit outside with it. I'm trying to learn more about them as I go.

I really enjoy smoking a cigar. Late nights with friends or golfing. However, I hate the flavor left in my mouth afterward. To the point I've started turning them down when offered.

Any advice?

I really enjoy smoking a cigar. Late nights with friends or golfing. However, I hate the flavor left in my mouth afterward. To the point I've started turning them down when offered.

Any advice?

El-Bubble-1.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Any smokers here? I enjoy a good cigar out of the humidor about once a week. I've got a CAO gol lit up now watching the Lightning and enjoying the cool night. Anyone got any favorites to throw out there?
I'm a Romeo y Julieta man usually but I'm starting to like a decent Cohiba as well. I'm hoping to order some Comacho Maduros soon.

The Romeo y Julieta 1875 is my all time favorite. I like the Macanudos and Rocky Patel's as well. I like he medium bodied cigars the best.

Love a good cigar and occasionally when Ive had to much to drink I enjoy a bad one too, lol. I have a 500 cigar humidor filled with a wide variety. I also smoke a pipe occasionally.

Any advice?

You may be smoking it too fast getting the tobacco too hot. It could also just be bad cigars.

A new wholesaler opened around the corner, where you can get wrapper and filler by the pound, I might try it out and see what happens.

Of course, by my joint rolling ability i should just buy whole ones.

A new wholesaler opened around the corner, where you can get wrapper and filler by the pound, I might try it out and see what happens.

Of course, by my joint rolling ability i should just buy whole ones.

Where is around the corner? I've got some burley and dark fire in the works from a friend to try my hand at rolling my own. I need a good wrapper quality leaf. Where are you located?

Where is around the corner? I've got some burley and dark fire in the works from a friend to try my hand at rolling my own. I need a good wrapper quality leaf. Where are you located?

Connecticut. Supposedly some of the best wrapper in the world is grown here

Leafonly.com is his site, it's over my head at this point

Last edited:
I know the website. I thought it was local (Tennessee wise). Thanks.

Swung by their store today, they just opened when they took over the ground floor of the building, they had run the online operation from the basement.

Pretty nice, good prices, the selection is pretty good, nit huge as they're getting a feel for the market.

I got my connection in the works. I'm getting a trash bag full of one sucker, and some burly in November once it's cured. Friend said come on and get it once it's harvested. I'm stoked. VN ...... Hand rolled Barknoxbrawler cigars for all at Christmas.

Last edited:
Cubans will loose it luster once you can buy them at the Circle K

Last edited:
Cubans will loose it luster once you can buy them at the Circle K

Highly doubtful that will ever happen. You wont find premium cigars at those places now so I don't think we'll ever see Cubans in these places. Once the embargo is lifted the prices will likely sky rocket. Cubans can run $40 a stick now and opening up to the US market will create even more demand. There's only so much Cuban tobacco to go around.

Even if the embargo were lifted tomorrow there are several hurdles before Cuban cigars will be available in the US at all. Naming for instance, take Romeo y Julieta or Cohiba. When the Cuban government seized these farms the owners fled and started over in Dominican Republic under the same name. The Cuban government claimed the names were theirs so now there are Cuban and Dominican versions of each. Will they be sold that way in the US? If so, it will create much confusion for the casual cigar smoker. This is just one of many issues being debated by cigar makers.

Cubans in the US are forbidden fruit right now but I think as more people experience them they will realize they aren't some euphoric experience. A few other regions create cigars just as good IMO.

Highly doubtful that will ever happen. You wont find premium cigars at those places now so I don't think we'll ever see Cubans in these places. Once the embargo is lifted the prices will likely sky rocket. Cubans can run $40 a stick now and opening up to the US market will create even more demand. There's only so much Cuban tobacco to go around.

Even if the embargo were lifted tomorrow there are several hurdles before Cuban cigars will be available in the US at all. Naming for instance, take Romeo y Julieta or Cohiba. When the Cuban government seized these farms the owners fled and started over in Dominican Republic under the same name. The Cuban government claimed the names were theirs so now there are Cuban and Dominican versions of each. Will they be sold that way in the US? If so, it will create much confusion for the casual cigar smoker. This is just one of many issues being debated by cigar makers.

Cubans in the US are forbidden fruit right now but I think as more people experience them they will realize they aren't some euphoric experience. A few other regions create cigars just as good IMO.

Exact opposite will happen..The lure of getting a cigar from a cuban will disappear once trade in opened up

VN Store

Back