Random food product discussion and comments

Coug

Tostitos Cantina style "thin and crispy".

So there I was hanging out with my sister at her house when I got a snack craving. I dug through her pantry to find a new bag of Tostitos Cantina "thin and crispy" style tortilla chips. I sit back down and open this bag up and start munching. Shortly after I came to the conclusion that these things are like crack. They're thin, crispy, nice saltiness too them but not too much. So I passed them over to her and she grabs a few. 10 minutes later she's like "omg, why did you hand these to me, get them away!" I just started laughing.

On a completely unrelated food product note:
Dukes mayo is SO much better than Hellmann's. If you don't believe me do a side by side taste test.

I saw a bottle of bourbon barrel-aged hot sauce at the store the other day. Didn't buy it, but I think I will on my return. I asked the clerk about it and he said it was great.

I like all those kettle cooked tater chips. Folks at my house hide them from me.

Is that the Lays brand or just kettle cooked chips in general?

Yes, they're very good. I'm a huge fan of the Kettle brand salt and fresh ground pepper. They're delicious. http://www.missbargainhuntress.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/salt-pepper-chips.jpg

Kind of reminds me of An old Pringles thread.

Although it's the first thing I brought up this is by no means strictly a potato chip thread. Feel free to discuss anything you like.

Last edited:
I went to an Aldi for the first time this weekend. For those who have never been it's a small discount grocery store that is filled with off brand stuff packaged very similar boxes/bags to brand name products.

Anyway, I loaded up on snacks and was pleasantly surprised. Probably saved about $15 on similar stuff from Kroger.

This is one of my favorite favorites...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 6
Try Fire Corn, specifically the white chedder variety.

POP_FireCorn_WCheddar_1024x1024.jpg

You won't be sorry that you did.

I went to an Aldi for the first time this weekend. For those who have never been it's a small discount grocery store that is filled with off brand stuff packaged very similar boxes/bags to brand name products.

Anyway, I loaded up on snacks and was pleasantly surprised. Probably saved about $15 on similar stuff from Kroger.

Those are awesome!

Aldi is awesome. I'm sitting across the street from one right now.

I've leaned towards the frito lays naturals line lately. No synthetic stuff in there. Most just state 3 ingredients on the bag.

How did you stick that bag on the wall?

If that question was directed at me I didn't. I randomly found the photo online and posted it. :)

This stuff is very good if you are a grape fan. It's the sugar free squirt bottle.
mNu7NV6W3EokVmIhtO0BVaA.jpg

If that question was directed at me I didn't. I randomly found the photo online and posted it. :)

This stuff is very good if you are a grape fan. It's the sugar free squirt bottle.
mNu7NV6W3EokVmIhtO0BVaA.jpg

This one is the best!

Attachments

• 41zTtj2ccBL.jpg
    41zTtj2ccBL.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 2

VN Store

Back