Question For Doctors on here.

rocktopper16

Don’t mind me, I’m just here for the meltdown.
Last Thursday I passed out at work. They sent me to Blount Memorial to get checked out. After arrival they took labs (Veins kept popping in the Ambulancr) I was ready to go home. I only thought I was dehydrated by my Labs came back bad.

All of my CMP came back in Critical stage. So I was kept in the Hospital overnight for them to run more Teat Ekg EEG, MRI, CT and so on. They couldn't find anything so I was released Friday afternoon and was told to take potassium pills.

Well, Last night I passed out again. Rushed to the ER and all of my CMP came back normal. Doctor came in still clueless by dignosised me with Syncope? And told me not to work or drive until I see a primary physician.

Here's the kicker, I just moved up here from florida, No insurance and No primary Physician. I'm extremely worried about my passing out episodes and do know what to do :(

Reactions: 2 people
Not a doc, but hope you get it sorted out. That has to be pretty scary just passing out.

Reactions: 1 person
Do you find your self getting really dizzy right before?

You might try a ear nose and throat. You could have something going on with your inner ear.

My grandmother had some spells several years ago where she would get dizzy, weak, vomit, and pass out for a second.

Doc told her something about the rocks inside her head got loose. I know laugh because I did. But I swear that is what they said. Something along those lines.

He prescribed some type of medicine and she eventually got over it.

You might try a ear nose and throat. You could have something going on with your inner ear.

My grandmother had some spells several years ago where she would get dizzy, weak, vomit, and pass out for a second.

Doc told her something about the rocks inside her head got loose. I know laugh because I did. But I swear that is what they said. Something along those lines.

I had a friend who had the same thing. Doc said she had "floaters" in her inner ear or something.

I had the same exact thing. Took a while, they thought it could be my heart rate. Had a loop monitor implanted, 6 weeks later I passed out 5 times in 4 hours. My heart rate was dropping into the teens. Pacemaker implanted 3 days later, not one problem since.

Thank you guys.. Should said I'm only 22 as well.

When I pass out I just get to feeling really bad like I'm about to hurl and then everything goes blank.

the VA told my Dad the same thing,they would lay him on a flat table and roll him around and evidently the rocks too

Thank you guys.. Should said I'm only 22 as well.

When I pass out I just get to feeling really bad like I'm about to hurl and then everything goes blank.

do what you can to get a doctor to check it out,it doesn't sound like something you want to fool around with

the VA told my Dad the same thing,they would lay him on a flat table and roll him around and evidently the rocks too

Resetting the inner ear crystals. It's called an Epley or Semont maneuver, though similar they are somewhat different in technique. The Brandt and Daroff Exercise is a backup to these two.

Vertigo Inner Ear Exercises | LIVESTRONG.COM
Epley Maneuver | Tampa Bay Hearing & Balance Center

That's really scary RT. I passed out once several years ago due to dehydration caused by prescribed medication at the time.

I am not a doctor but most would probably like to know if you have a history of disease in your family. Diabetes, liver issues, vitamin deficiencies, etc? Were you eating and drinking fluids properly the day of these episodes? What were you doing prior to these episodes, sitting, walking, standing, just stood up? Were you especially stressed or having a panic attack? Did they check your liver, kidney, heart labs? You're awful young for it to be heart related but it's definitely not unheard of.

Last edited:
Are you pregnant?

But honestly I would assume it's your heart if you're passing out a lot like that.

Are your eating habits fine? Plenty of iron?

I'm healthy, Yes.

My wife used to pass out sometimes, but she doesn't eat a lot of meat and had issues with her iron levels.

My mother passes out sometimes, but she has issues with one of her heart valves.

Odd though. I hope they figure it out without you going broke. Any free clinics in the area?

Two important questions would be:

Is there a pattern in what you do right before it happens? Such as just stood up, just exerted yourself physically as in lifting, just casual walking, just ate, etc..

What do you do at work? Is it laid back or labor?

I'm not a doctor, but one time when I wa younger I had a random panic attack. Heart was racing, room was spinning, and I passed out for a few seconds.

Two important questions would be:

Is there a pattern in what you do right before it happens? Such as just stood up, just exerted yourself physically as in lifting, just casual walking, just ate, etc..

What do you do at work? Is it laid back or labor?

Hard Labor. But I didn't work Friday or Saturday during the second spell.

The first spell happened during mid morning at work. I didn't feel well and went to the bathroom to hurl. I passed out shortly after entering the stall. We hadn't had a break yet so I only had breakfast and it was about 3 hours before.

The second spell was at night right before I went to bed. I had ate about 2 hours prior and I had just walked into my room and collapsed. All of my chemical levels was under critical stage Thursday but Saturday night they was back to normal ( I had potassium Magnesium and so on put through a Iv Thursday)

Both times I was out for 5 or more Mins.

Last Thursday I passed out at work. They sent me to Blount Memorial to get checked out. After arrival they took labs (Veins kept popping in the Ambulancr) I was ready to go home. I only thought I was dehydrated by my Labs came back bad.

All of my CMP came back in Critical stage. So I was kept in the Hospital overnight for them to run more Teat Ekg EEG, MRI, CT and so on. They couldn't find anything so I was released Friday afternoon and was told to take potassium pills.

Well, Last night I passed out again. Rushed to the ER and all of my CMP came back normal. Doctor came in still clueless by dignosised me with Syncope? And told me not to work or drive until I see a primary physician.

Here's the kicker, I just moved up here from florida, No insurance and No primary Physician. I'm extremely worried about my passing out episodes and do know what to do :(

A change of occupation is one of the factors that would allow you to get health insurance. If your new employer isn't offering it, get on the ACA page and get some Obama care asap. With that in hand, you can easily find a new doctor and get checked out completely. Don't mess around with it.

A change of occupation is one of the factors that would allow you to get health insurance. If your new employer isn't offering it, get on the ACA page and get some Obama care asap. With that in hand, you can easily find a new doctor and get checked out completely. Don't mess around with it.

Agreed. Get off Volnation and go do this TODAY. And if you're not making much, don't worry, you'll be eligible for a big fat subsidy and I'll end up paying for it. :)

Seriously though, you've got to get coverage and get under the care of a Doctor immediately.

Agreed. Get off Volnation and go do this TODAY. And if you're not making much, don't worry, you'll be eligible for a big fat subsidy and I'll end up paying for it. :)

Seriously though, you've got to get coverage and get under the care of a Doctor immediately.

This. Get enrolled and get help.

This. Get enrolled and get help.

I got a appointment tomorrow at 11:30 just gotta pay 40$.

I'll have to pay for more test if they want to run them. But they shouldn't since I had em done Thursday.

Good luck, RT. Best of wishes to you. A few years back, I was walking between my wife's houses in Germantown and fell out, dead from a heart attack. I thought I was healthy at the time, but there was a 100% blockage in the Widowmaker artery. They hit me with the paddles and I was back, but in a foul mood. Doubt that's something you need to be concerned with yet, but it IS scary when you go from what you think is good health to all the sudden not knowing if you're gonna drop out. Maybe KD can weigh in on it.

VN Store

Back