WWE Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weezer

VolNation Dalai Lama , VN Most Beloved Poster
Lock it up in a steel cage and start a WWE2 thread.

Smackdown has been on for 25 minutes and there's been one match (a divas' match has just started).

All this company is interested in anymore is marketing the PPV events.

Smackdown has been on for 25 minutes and there's been one match (a divas' match has just started).

All this company is interested in anymore is marketing the PPV events.

I flipped over and saw Cesaro in the ring beating up Kofi, was that not a match? I thought it was post match.

Vince McMahon has lost $750 million in two months ($350 million of that in one day). The company needs to make some major changes, in particular to draw subscribers to the network.

They need better marketing for starters. Granted I don't watch much TV anymore, but I've yet to see a WWE network advertisement outside a WWE show. Hopefully their deal with NBC Universal ( which they got ripped off on) allots them some advertising of the network. They also need to offer more variety of programming, particularly by dipping into the massive video library that they went to the trouble of acquiring. Some of the old wrestling promotions, and more Monday Night War business.

On the product side, the actual wrestling portion of it is as strong as it has ever been. Technically speaking, they are in good hands. They need to focus more on quality story and character building. In short, the creative team needs a complete overhaul.

They need to rethink their champions and give the belts to people who have stronger or more interesting characters. Some of their champs are already at this stage, like Bad News Barrett. On the flip side, they should give the belt to somebody like Alicia Fox, who is exhibiting a lot more character than the boring and bland Paige.

Vince McMahon has lost $750 million in two months ($350 million of that in one day). The company needs to make some major changes, in particular to draw subscribers to the network.

They need better marketing for starters. Granted I don't watch much TV anymore, but I've yet to see a WWE network advertisement outside a WWE show. Hopefully their deal with NBC Universal ( which they got ripped off on) allots them some advertising of the network. They also need to offer more variety of programming, particularly by dipping into the massive video library that they went to the trouble of acquiring. Some of the old wrestling promotions, and more Monday Night War business.

On the product side, the actual wrestling portion of it is as strong as it has ever been. Technically speaking, they are in good hands. They need to focus more on quality story and character building. In short, the creative team needs a complete overhaul.

They need to rethink their champions and give the belts to people who have stronger or more interesting characters. Some of their champs are already at this stage, like Bad News Barrett. On the flip side, they should give the belt to somebody like Alicia Fox, who is exhibiting a lot more character than the boring and bland Paige.

Paige is solid in the ring, but I agree they need to work on her character development.

I'm still not certain how Vince got so screwed over in the new TV deal. I could understand taking a hit, but taking such a huge hit was surprising. I wonder if he pursued other angles than NBC Universal?

Paige is solid in the ring

Definitely. She's the best in WWE. But in that divison, wrestling ability doesn't matter much when they only get like 5 minute matches. Might as well go with somebody that can wrestle and has an interesting character, like Alicia.

who else is ready for Punk to come back tomorrow?

images

what is interesting about acting like a fool for 3 minutes after each of your matches?

It's entertaining and fun to watch. Which beats watching paint dry, which is what you get whenever Paige is on the mic.

Wait, lemme rephrase that after watching her segment with Charlotte and Ric Flair after NXT Arrival: its like watching a sloppy paint job dry. The paint job of the lettering of the side of a cereal box.

Last edited:
It's entertaining and fun to watch. Which beats watching paint dry, which is what you get whenever Paige is on the mic.

Wait, lemme rephrase that after watching her segment with Charlotte and Ric Flair after NXT Arrival: its like watching a sloppy paint job dry.

I hope this was a reference to Paige's lipstick on her teeth. If so, well done.

Wait, lemme rephrase that after watching her segment with Charlotte and Ric Flair after NXT Arrival: its like watching a sloppy paint job dry. The paint job of the lettering of the side of a cereal box.

I'm not arguing Paige has been good on the mic. Doesn't mean I want to watch someone go bat**** crazy after every match, win or lose. No entertainment in that.

CM Punk says "it feels good" to a question, doesn't say "I'm retired"

shoddy headline writing to garner views

according to the report he was asked "how does it feel to be retired at 35" and Punk replied, "It feels good." You're reaching.

I'm not arguing Paige has been good on the mic. Doesn't mean I want to watch someone go bat**** crazy after every match, win or lose. No entertainment in that.

Ok different strokes I guess then. I'd much rather watch her steal hats, harass the broadcast crew, douse herself in beverages, and throw empty cans at crew members than what we normally get from the divas.

Not saying its highbrow content, but its better than nothing, which is what we get from most of the divas (or guys for that matter).

according to the report he was asked "how does it feel to be retired at 35" and Punk replied, "It feels good." You're reaching.

He can't tip his hand. The question was a 2-parter and he had to answer it all.
He was asked, "How does it feel to be retired at 35? Are you going to be doing more charity work now?"

He said, "It feels good. It's a lot easier when you hook up with organizations like the Cubs and being friends with some of the team members. It isn't hard to support their charities. Plus I get to do fun stuff like bowl and paint chairs and play whiffle ball with Bill Murray.
It was super fun and for a great cause. You've got athletes and actresses and musicians and all kinds of people painting chairs. I'm super happy to be a part of it."

He didn't say anything about wrestling. It's a stock answer where he focused on working with a charity instead of bringing up anything related to his career.

I don't think it really means anything anyway. He could say he's retired to trick everybody then come back tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back