Sundays are the worst....

BenGrimm

Formally known as burntorangeVOLffle
Those who have ever worked in food service know that the Sunday lunch crowd is notoriously known as the rudest, most condescending, worst tipping group of the week.

Hats off to a local (tri-cities) church who launched this site to help christians realize how they are perceived in the lunch hours following sunday services.

Sundays Are the Worst

As someone who worked in food service for over 10 years (thankfully I'm out of it now)I can certainly attest to the general haughtiness off the church crowd.

Reactions: 4 people
I was a cook for 6 years and just about every server I worked with hated the Sunday crowd. I even had family members talk down to me for working on Sunday mornings (even though I went to church at night) yet they went out to eat every Sunday.

This is why I try to arrive at the Moe's on Cumberland before church gets out. Last Sunday was screaming toddler day. I'm afraid this isn't limited to just church people though. Something about taking your child outside frightens people.

Those who have ever worked in food service know that the Sunday lunch crowd is notoriously known as the rudest, most condescending, worst tipping group of the week.

Hats off to a local (tri-cities) church who launched this site to help christians realize how they are perceived in the lunch hours following sunday services.

Sundays Are the Worst

As someone who worked in food service for over 10 years (thankfully I'm out of it now)I can certainly attest to the general haughtiness off the church crowd.
What is that in your avatar?

Sundays Are the Worst

Fantastic!

I hated, HATED waiting tables on Sunday unless I was working bar or smoking section. Dat gum Christians with their large groups, only drinking water, messy kids, and meager tips ("if 10% is good enough for God it's good enough for you"). And I say this as a fellow Christian.

Reactions: 1 person
I waited tables for 4 years and can attest to them being bad...as well as doctors oddly enough. But the worst was my short stint at Applebee's during Tuesdays all you can eat riblet night. I'll let you draw whatever conclusions you wish from that, but I rarely made over 20 bucks that night even though I was busy all night long.

Reactions: 1 person
I waited tables for 4 years and can attest to them being bad...as well as doctors oddly enough. But the worst was my short stint at Applebee's during Tuesdays all you can eat riblet night. I'll let you draw whatever conclusions you wish from that, but I rarely made over 20 bucks that night even though I was busy all night long.

All you can eat/2 for 1 deals always bring out the cheapest peoplw.

In the early 90s, kids eat free was all the rage. It. Was. The. Worst. Imagine table after table with parents and bratty, messy kids. No liquor or beer sales. And no tips on the discounted amounts.
One time, I had to essentially pull a booth to clean all the spilled ranch dressing off the table, seats, wall and floor. And this was in the middle of the shift while trying to serve other guests.
I quit and went to work for a bar and grill 2 weeks after the previous place started the KEF promo.

I was a server at Steak & Ale back in the mid 80's. We had a group of 15-20 that came in every Sunday after church and insisted a private room was reserved for them. Never tipped a dime. We rotated the wait staff through from week to week and also collected a few bucks per server in a pool for the poor souls that got the short straw. If you can't afford to tip, stay home.

As a manager I was just as annoyed by the employees that thought they deserved EVERY Sunday off because they went to church. I was very flexible with the schedule to the point of almost being taken advantage of. I had a few that would whine and whine if I scheduled them one Sunday a month. I would (half) jokingly tell them if they want Sundays off then go apply at Chic-fil-a.

I was a server at Steak & Ale back in the mid 80's. We had a group of 15-20 that came in every Sunday after church and insisted a private room was reserved for them. Never tipped a dime. We rotated the wait staff through from week to week and also collected a few bucks per server in a pool for the poor souls that got the short straw. If you can't afford to tip, stay home.

Steak & Ale in Johnson City?

I always tip 25 percent. Because i know waiters or waitresses work thier tail off. Im running and exercising a lot now so i order water. I always say im on a diet not because im cheap lol. But i bet they are surprised when they see my tip

When I worked for a restaurant we were thankfully closed on Sundays. But the Wednesday night pre and post church groups were usually the worst.

I always tip 25 percent. Because i know waiters or waitresses work thier tail off. Im running and exercising a lot now so i order water. I always say im on a diet not because im cheap lol. But i bet they are surprised when they see my tip

I drink water, but it's not because I'm cheap...it's because I'm a human being, and humans need water.

Nowadays all work is performance based....employers should formulate a policy/procedure to address how to compensate employees based on their performance and value to the company the way other kinds of business do.....

VN Store

Back