Motorcycle People

Aavoxx

Got my own theme music...
I'm looking to get my first bike, and I need suggestions. I thinking either a Vulcan 900 Custom or a V-Star Custom.

I'm not even gonna start with you, cc.

Harleys are ridiculously overpriced noise factories. Harley owners are the worst kind of people. Nobody rides a Harley for the enjoyment. They ride to be seen on their Harley. And once you're inducted into the Harley Brotherhood, you aren't allowed to leave the house without wearing a minimum of 3 articles of clothing being Harley Davidson.

You pay 130% what the bike is worth to have the name attached to it.

Reactions: 4 people

Harleys are ridiculously overpriced noise factories. Harley owners are the worst kind of people. Nobody rides a Harley for the enjoyment. They ride to be seen on their Harley. And once you're inducted into the Harley Brotherhood, you aren't allowed to leave the house without wearing a minimum of 3 articles of clothing being Harley Davidson.

Partly true on some aspects but you can find reasonably priced Harley's. I know plenty of people with Harley's that don't get caught up in all the bs. Then I know done that do. It's up to the person not the bike you own.

Harley sucks for getting rid of Buell Motorcycles.

Have Thrasher's cousin help you go motorcycle shopping. He knows what to look for and is a great negotiator on price.

You must not "know" many Harley riders

ZX-10R. Good starter bike.

Trying to get him killed? :)

Way to much bike for a beginner. Hell any of the new 600cc sport bikes are too much. They will throttle up a wheelie. No clutch needed. I will say though. The sport bikes are much safer bikes.

Flame away.

Way to much bike for a beginner. Hell any of the new 600cc sport bikes are too much. They will throttle up a wheelie. No clutch needed. I will say though. The sport bikes are much safer bikes.

Flame away.

How so?

I understand that they may brake better and handle better, but I think that would encourage even the most disciplined rider to ride in a more enthusiastic and dangerous fashion.

Flame away.

He's still angry I called him an amateur the other day.

This may end up being one of the best Pub threads ever.

They are brighter!

No way:
Loud_Pipes_Save_Lives.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
How so?

I understand that they may brake better and handle better, but I think that would encourage even the most disciplined rider to ride in a more enthusiastic and dangerous fashion.

I'd rather have a 500 pound bike on me than a 1200 pound bike on me. The simple fact that if you can't make a corner on a big bike your screwed. Sport bike. Lean harder and give it fuel. It will make it. They do brake better and handle better. But like anything else " personal responsibility" when riding.

Nice generalization. I am 0% of your statement. The only HD gear I have are 3 tshirts. One from here, my hometown, and a tie dyed one I got in Honolulu.

I would have probably stated "Some Harley owners are the worst type of people." But you could say that about any type of group.

VN Store

Back