Knoxville Restaurants

Volumnus 2011

WE LANDED ON THE MOON!
So Man Vs Food is on, and it's the Knoxville episode. I was just watching this and thinking they might could have found better places to go, but when I sat down and thought about Knoxville restaurants, I couldn't think of many places.

He went to Dixons on Magnolia, Sweet Pea's and Ye Olde Steakhouse.

I think he could have gone to Calhouns (even though chained, the main restaurant is on the river and really nice), Gus's Good Times Deli, Ali Baba, or Littons. If you could pick any 3 Knoxville restaurants, where would you send him?

Not sure. If the premise is just a dude eating a lot of food then I don't know.

If someone wanted to know what are 3 of Knoxville's best restaurants, then I offer this:

1. Downtown Brewery
2. Chandlers
3. Foothills milling Co.

Reactions: 2 people
Pretty sure there's a MVF thread somewhere. I work for Travel Channel and usually post a heads up a few days before we air that episode.

So Man Vs Food is on, and it's the Knoxville episode. I was just watching this and thinking they might could have found better places to go, but when I sat down and thought about Knoxville restaurants, I couldn't think of many places.

He went to Dixons on Magnolia, Sweet Pea's and Ye Olde Steakhouse.

I think he could have gone to Calhouns (even though chained, the main restaurant is on the river and really nice), Gus's Good Times Deli, Ali Baba, or Littons. If you could pick any 3 Knoxville restaurants, where would you send him?

Think the premise of Man v Food kinda limits the places he can go.

Pretty sure there's a MVF thread somewhere. I work for Travel Channel and usually post a heads up a few days before we air that episode.

There is. Someone who works for scripps came on here soliciting ideas for a place that either Adam richman or Anthony bourdain to eat. I think it was bourdain and he ended up going to north shore brasserie

There is. Someone who works for scripps came on here soliciting ideas for a place that either Adam richman or Anthony bourdain to eat. I think it was bourdain and he ended up going to north shore brasserie

I'd like to know who it was that works for Scripps. I knew there had to be more Volnationers in the building.

Chandlers easily.

Ye Olde Steakhouse made sense.

Maybe Big Ed's or Pizza Palace.

Could have done the food challenge at Ye Olde. Gotten an oversized steak or something.

He did the food challenge at Sweet P's because you can eat the giant BBQ Burrito. I tried the regular sized BBQ Burrito from there. Wasnt a fan.

Connie's in Seymour. Home of the large-pizza-sized $4 pancake.

Not sure. If the premise is just a dude eating a lot of food then I don't know.

If someone wanted to know what are 3 of Knoxville's best restaurants, then I offer this:

1. Downtown Brewery
2. Chandlers
3. Foothills milling Co.

You really think the DTGB is the best restaurant in Knoxville?

Quickly, off the top of my head, excluding chains --

RouXbarb
Nama
Seasons
Bistro By the Tracks
Echo
Orangery
Cru
Connors
Cafe 4

For more casual dining: Taste of Thai, Dazzo's, La Parilla

(I have not yet eaten at Knox Mason or Tupelo honey, but I have heard good things)

Brazeiros would be an interesting option for MVF. It isn't the best Brazilian steak house, by any means, but not bad for K-town.

Reactions: ChiefTKE
Blackhorse Pub and Brewery in western plaza. Well, it's not open yet but will be in the next couple of months, go check it out when we do open.

You really think the DTGB is the best restaurant in Knoxville?

Quickly, off the top of my head, excluding chains --

RouXbarb
Nama
Seasons
Bistro By the Tracks
Echo
Orangery
Cru
Connors
Cafe 4

For more casual dining: Taste of Thai, Dazzo's, La Parilla

(I have not yet eaten at Knox Mason or Tupelo honey, but I have heard good things)

Is DTGB the best in Knoxville? Likely not, but if I am going to have someone visit me here in Knoxville, it is my top choice. Good food, good menu, great beer,not a chain (copper cellar, etc.) located downtown, and fair prices. For casual American dining, I think you can do no better in Knoxville than the brewery.

Copper Cellar is a local restaurant with 2 locations. It's not a chain

Copper Cellar is a local restaurant with 2 locations. It's not a chain

Wrong. It's the same group that owns Calhoun's. Also, their beers are not that great to me.

It might not be exactly a chain, but it doesn't feel all that more special to me than a TGIF.

Copper Cellar

Last edited:
Wrong. It's the same group that owns Calhoun's. Also, their beers are not that great to me.

yeah I realize that but Calhouns, Chesapeakes and CC are not the same. It is still a local restaurant with better food and it sure isn't the Applebee's you're making it out to be

Copper Cellar on the strip has a decent atmosphere, but I agree, brew pub is better. Gay st > the strip

Reactions: 1 person
yeah I realize that but Calhouns, Chesapeakes and CC are not the same. It is still a local restaurant with better food and it sure isn't the Applebee's you're making it out to be

Great, I still prefer DTGB more than any of them. Calhoun's and what not are lovely restaurants, and the Chase's are great folks, but for me DTGB is my favorite. Chesapeakes is also very nice, and probably my first recommendation for seafood.

VN Store

Back