Direct Force Knoxville

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Had an interview with them today. Anyone on VN ever worked with or for them that can give me some feedback?

Last edited:
"we specialize in promotional
marketing and customer acquisitions for the most respected companies in the cable & satellite,
retail, and telecommunications industries."

Sounds competitive. Commission?

Salary plus commission. Going through the second interview process tomorrow. Still not even 100% sure what I'm applying for or what I would be doing.

Salary plus commission. Going through the second interview process tomorrow. Still not even 100% sure what I'm applying for or what I would be doing.

When they ask you "do you have any questions?", say "yes. Give me an example of a typical day I would experience as an employee"

Go in with open eyes. We have one of these type businesses down the hall from us. A lot of young people that look like right out of school. Co-worker's son in law went to interview. Basically was door to door sales...mostly cold calling businesses and very competitive btwn employees.

Go in with open eyes. We have one of these type businesses down the hall from us. A lot of young people that look like right out of school. Co-worker's son in law went to interview. Basically was door to door sales...mostly cold calling businesses and very competitive btwn employees.

That's good advice. I won't do that. Done door to door before. No bueno.

Or it could be a kiosk thing at Sams Club or Best Buy schilling Direct TV. I interviewed with a similar company about 2 years ago. Had the same type of description in the ad. Once I saw what they actually did a respectfully declined the offer. Just wasn't for me.

Edit:

After looking at their website that's exactly what I think It probably is.

Judging by the SAMs Club near me they seem to have a high turnover rate. Always different people working the booth.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Went to my interview. Basically yes y'all are correct. You sit at a kiosk at walmart and try to get people to sign up for Directv. Straight commission. I respectfully declined and cut the interview process short.

That seems like an odd statement. How do you know you want the job? What if you show up on day 1 to find "commission" is per toilet cleaned?

That seems like an odd statement. How do you know you want the job? What if you show up on day 1 to find "commission" is per toilet cleaned?

Well it was one of those very vague job description things. Like "we partner with directv and our goal is to drive sales and increase customer clientel". Sales is what I've always done so I figured this would be up my alley.

Well it was one of those very vague job description things. Like "we partner with directv and our goal is to drive sales and increase customer clientel". Sales is what I've always done so I figured this would be up my alley.

I can attest to that. They advertise it as an exciting marketing opportunity to get you to apply. Then they keep it vague in the first interview. In the end it's really just schilling Direct TV.

VN Store

Back