Paper Tabs, Another New Nifty Tech Item

YorkVol

These are cool:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81iiGWdsJgg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Looks cool. I suppose you could figure out some way to make this useful. Sending emails by shuffling papers around and pretending to put it in an out box is silly and a waste of time.

Autocad (or whatever drafting software) looked cool on there.

Looks like it uses the sane digital ink that b&w kindles/nooks use. The cords dangling below make them really impractical in a world were wireless mobile devices are what consumers want. There may be some practical uses for this tech (like larger sheets for blueprints or something) but overall this seems like a technology that is a little behind the times. .

Looks like it uses the sane digital ink that b&w kindles/nooks use. The cords dangling below make them really impractical in a world were wireless mobile devices are what consumers want. There may be some practical uses for this tech (like larger sheets for blueprints or something) but overall this seems like a technology that is a little behind the times. .

I think the paperthin flexible screens are the advancement, along with the variety of info sharing tools. i can see a lot of ways this could improve collaboration where I work. I'm sure there is no intent to keep the cables.

I think the paperthin flexible screens are the advancement, along with the variety of info sharing tools. i can see a lot of ways this could improve collaboration where I work. I'm sure there is no intent to keep the cables.

I think the cables are connected to the actual CPU a well as power. The "paper" is just a display using NFC for sharing. You already see that in mobile devices like the Samsung GS3 and Note2. There are some nifty advancements but it's got a long way to go until it becomes truly practical on a large scale.

I think the cables are connected to the actual CPU a well as power. The "paper" is just a display using NFC for sharing. You already see that in mobile devices like the Samsung GS3 and Note2. There are some nifty advancements but it's got a long way to go until it becomes truly practical on a large scale.

ok

Doesn't look like it works very well. Still a worth-while development for whoever made it, and neat.

VN Store

Back