Kids these days...

salutethehill

by hatchet, axe, and saw
...are socially inept. We are breeding a society of weirdos.

An overweight 9-year-old that cannot hold a decent conversation with an adult and cannot walk without staring at the ground should not have an iPhone with an account for every social media on the planet.

A 13-year-old EMO dude with long black hair shouldn't get mad...no, mad isn't the right word...OFFENDED (wah)...when he gets stared at because he's wearing a death metal outfit with a flaming yellow pokemon ski cap on.

Glad that's off my chest, and yes...I'm getting old.

Reactions: 3 people

An overweight 9-year-old that cannot hold a decent conversation with an adult and cannot walk without staring at the ground should not have an iPhone with an account for every social media on the planet.

A 13-year-old EMO dude with long black hair shouldn't get mad...no, mad isn't the right word...OFFENDED (wah)...when he gets stared at because he's wearing a death metal outfit with a flaming yellow pokemon ski cap on.

Every time I see things along the same line I just shake my head.

It's very disturbing the way kids are raised now a days

no kids...what is EMO?

Overly emotional..."non-conformist"...gonna cut myself..gothic...leave brittney alone...kinda like these guys vvv

emo.jpg

gothapotamus.jpg

You get caught staring at people, again?

I don't think it's anything too recent but it does seem to be getting worse. That happens when everyone gets a trophy and grows up believing they're a winner instead of working to become one

Reactions: 2 people
And pull up your pants!

Best Dennis Leary voice

I want coffee flavored coffee too

old news

“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”
― Socrates

Reactions: 2 people
College students think they're so special - Health - Mental health | NBC News

Today’s college students are more narcissistic and self-centered than their predecessors, according to a comprehensive new study by five psychologists who worry that the trend could be harmful to personal relationships and American society.

“We need to stop endlessly repeating ‘You’re special’ and having children repeat that back,” said the study’s lead author, Professor Jean Twenge of San Diego State University. “Kids are self-centered enough already.”

Twenge and her colleagues, in findings to be presented at a workshop Tuesday in San Diego on the generation gap, examined the responses of 16,475 college students nationwide who completed an evaluation called the Narcissistic Personality Inventory between 1982 and 2006

Unfortunatly I had to tell my 20 something year old son that he was a narcassistic , self centerd azz and **** you if you don't come for the Holidays

I have to wonder out loud who raised this kid the other 4 are not like this...I blame the wife and her family

Unfortunatly I had to tell my 20 something year old son that he was a narcassistic , self centerd azz and **** you if you don't come for the Holidays

I have to wonder out loud who raised this kid the other 4 are not like this...I blame the wife and her family

He's an adult. I'm talking about kids where parents ultimately have control.

I witnessed a 9-year-old boy open his birthday present from his parents, which was an iPhone 5. The kid immediately broke out in tears...not sobbing, CRYING...ran past his dad, straight to his mom where he collapsed on the floor. She then picked him up (both were crying at this point). The two carried on hugging each other and telling each other they were the greatest mom/son on the planet. It was actually the most entertaining part of an otherwise abysmal birthday party.

Maybe I'm the weirdo. Maybe that's normal. IDK.

Overly emotional..."non-conformist"...gonna cut myself..gothic...leave brittney alone...kinda like these guys vvv

emo.jpg

gothapotamus.jpg

Thank you!

yes, imho, and from a far distance away....that problem is much worse than it was 40 years ago. yes, we had a few bad then. But the % number has grown at least ten-fold...probably more than that.

in a graduation class of 300, we had maybe ten odd kids. Now days....whew?

Thank you!

yes, imho, and from a far distance away....that problem is much worse than it was 40 years ago. yes, we had a few bad then. But the % number has grown at least ten-fold...probably more than that.

in a graduation class of 300, we had maybe ten odd kids. Now days....whew?

Highly doubtful. I imagine that when you graduated, you thought there were only maybe ten odd kids out of three-hundred; your parents might have thought there were fifty; your grandparents probably thought there were one hundred fifty.

The "kids these days" laments go back for thousands of years of recorded history.

Reactions: 1 person
Highly doubtful. I imagine that when you graduated, you thought there were only maybe ten odd kids out of three-hundred; your parents might have thought there were fifty; your grandparents probably thought there were one hundred fifty.

The "kids these days" laments go back for thousands of years of recorded history.

that is true

Off topic, but I miss the feeling of accomplishment after looking something up in the encyclopedia to answer a question.

VN Store

Back