Flu shot

Have you gotten a flu shot this year?

• Total voters
I did not get a flu shot.

Whether or not I currently have the flu remains to be seen. I'm pretty sure it's just a head cold.

On this issue I can tell you that we have been swamped in the ER in Gergia and we have seen it in the worst stages in the elderly and children who are the exact people that NEED the flu shot

If you have symptoms on the first or second day GO TO the DR and you can be helped before you show up at an ER with bronchitis or dehydrated

it's a myth you get the flu from the shot..maybe a fever maybe some body aches but the Southeast is getting slammed this year and the flu shot matches the strains very close this year

Reactions: 1 person
On this issue I can tell you that we have been swamped in the ER in Gergia and we have seen it in the worst stages in the elderly and children who are the exact people that NEED the flu shot

If you have symptoms on the first or second day GO TO the DR and you can be helped before you show up at an ER with bronchitis or dehydrated

it's a myth you get the flu from the shot..maybe a fever maybe some body aches but the Southeast is getting slammed this year and the flu shot matches the strains very close this year

I was told this wasn't the case.

Want to run your symptoms by me and let me give you free advice? ...it cost money to see me if not here
and NO I am not a Dr

I did not get a flu shot.

Whether or not I currently have the flu remains to be seen. I'm pretty sure it's just a head cold.

Aw great.

Want to run your symptoms by me and let me give you free advice? ...it cost money to see me if not here
and NO I am not a Dr

Just the usual head cold stuff. Congestion, sinus pressure, fever. I hit it hard with Zicam since the first night I had a sore throat, as well as a blitzkrieg of NyQuil and vitamin C.

Pretty much everything but the fever and dizziness/light-headedness are gone, and it's only day 3.

Some are but normally they have a pre existing illness that complicates things (even if something like a sinus infection they are already fighting)

This year's flu is earlier and meaner than in previous years
We also found it in the South earlier than in the North which is weird

Honestly folks ...go get a flu shot ...it's really prevalent right now and I don't need anymore in the ER (nor do the other hospitals at this point

If I see you in the ER I am going to slap a mask on you and send you to a different room to wait while if you don't have the flu...you'll catch it

I heard a lot of people are getting the flu despite having been inoculated.

Some are but normally they have a pre existing illness that complicates things (even if something like a sinus infection they are already fighting)

This year's flu is earlier and meaner than in previous years
We also found it in the South earlier than in the North which is weird

Honestly folks ...go get a flu shot ...it's really prevalent right now and I don't need anymore in the ER (nor do the other hospitals at this point

If I see you in the ER I am going to slap a mask on you and send you to a different room to wait while if you don't have the flu...you'll catch it

I don't like to wash my hands and I hate covering my mouth when I sneeze or cough. Is this a problem?

If you are not coughing lay off the Nyquil and take benadryl
When you do have a bad cough you will be more likely to respond to meds without a script
PUSH fluids ...gatorade ...water and tea (hot herbal te would be good here)
I would advise a saline nose spray
For the fever I would suggest at this time to treat it proactively instead of waiting till it strikes

If you aren't better by the 6th day I would want to see you

Just the usual head cold stuff. Congestion, sinus pressure, fever. I hit it hard with Zicam since the first night I had a sore throat, as well as a blitzkrieg of NyQuil and vitamin C.

Pretty much everything but the fever and dizziness/light-headedness are gone, and it's only day 3.

I got the flu shot years ago. Made me sick. Myth or not I got the flu from the shot.

Never again. And I have never had it since.

Over 10 years now

Reactions: 1 person
No, but after getting the flu for the first time (week after Thanksgiving),I may next year. It knocked me on my ass for 4 days and took me a week after that to fully recover. On top of that, my daughter had it along with me.

I got the flu shot years ago. Made me sick. Myth or not I got the flu from the shot.

Never again. And I have never had it since.

Over 10 years now

I used to get sick after the shot, I get the nasal mist now....works great.

Great...good luck with that:p
It's funny though when I was a kid we were taught to cover our mouths with our hands ..now we teach to cover with the upper arm

I don't like to wash my hands and I hate covering my mouth when I sneeze or cough. Is this a problem?

If you are not coughing lay off the Nyquil and take benadryl
When you do have a bad cough you will be more likely to respond to meds without a script
PUSH fluids ...gatorade ...water and tea (hot herbal te would be good here)
I would advise a saline nose spray
For the fever I would suggest at this time to treat it proactively instead of waiting till it strikes

If you aren't better by the 6th day I would want to see you

Did you say you aren't a doctor?

Thanks for your help... are you willing to see all women or just a selct few?:)

Hey, I am not a doctor, but I have been giving out breast exams for years.

Just because someone isn't a "Doctor" doesn't mean that they cant help.

Hey, I am not a doctor, but I have been giving out breast exams for years.

Just because someone isn't a "Doctor" doesn't mean that they cant help.

All that experience you should open your on practice. Maybe even a massage parlor too

Lol

VN Store

Back