Dave Ramsey

VolsSportsFan

Mo Money Mo Problems - Michael Scott
So apparently for those in the Nashville area, Dave Ramsey is leaving WTN 99.7 FM for.....102.5 FM The Game? A sports station?

The Game

cant hurt. Not a big Ramsey fan but I'd rather listen to 3 hours of Dave than 5 minutes of Plaster

Not a good move for the middle TN area. I'm 45 miles from Nashville and can't pick up 102.5.

DR owns his own radio studio. It's in his offices.

Thank goodness that my wife wont be able to hear him anymore. she 'bout to drive me nuts...wanting to refinance the house like every two months...dave = psycho!

Now you've done it! I'm always surprised at the amount of Dave Ramsey hate in the Nashville area.

Now you've done it! I'm always surprised at the amount of Dave Ramsey hate in the Nashville area.

I wish someone would pay me a zillion a year to tell people to cut up their credit cards. His stuff is just so much common frickin' sense.

But then again...a lot of people...bad at math I guess

I wish someone would pay me a zillion a year to tell people to cut up their credit cards. His stuff is just so much common frickin' sense.

He's no better or worse than any other self-help guru, imo, but the last time his name came up on VN the vitriol overflowed the pot!

I agree. His advice usually makes sense, but I marvel at how much mileage he gets out of telling people to pay off their car and not run up consumer debt.

Dave Ramsey is for Dave Ramsey. He is getting rich off of people's misery. Not saying what he says is wrong, but it is common sense and charges a lot of money for it. I know a number of folks who have worked with and for him. He isn't a nice person.

Reactions: 1 person
Dave Ramsey is for Dave Ramsey. He is getting rich off of people's misery. Not saying what he says is wrong, but it is common sense and charges a lot of money for it. I know a number of folks who have worked with and for him. He isn't a nice person.

Just once, I would like to hear Dave Ramsey say...."I don't know"

This. I've heard he's a grade-A jackass.

You want to save some money? Don't pay a guy to tell you crap you really should be able to figure out on your own.

Yes. It is common sense. But if people had common sense then there would be no credit cards, along with no national debt and the government would be running on a balanced budget every year. So don't blame a guy that's making a little money off stupid people. And yes I have bought his books because at one time I was one of those idiots that bought his books and went to an FPU class at church because I was raised by parents that say its ok to be in debt. That its the American way. And I told them that is a bunch of BS and haven't used a credit card in almost 3 years!

Last edited:
We use credit cards responsibly and get incentives. Sorry you miss out on those.

The tiny little "incentives" aren't worth the debt and money fights with the wife. Credit cards are like alcohol. They shouldn't be in a house where there's an addict around.

I haven't listened to Dave in quite a while. He seemed to be getting too arrogant. I can see his house from my office window.

a lot of money? His book costs $15-20 and the radio show is free

yes much of it is common sense but it lays out a roadmap. You should also take some time to look around and figure out that common sense isn't so common anymore.

I used to listen to Dave daily. My hours at work changed so it made it harder to listen. When I do get to listen these days, it seems as if he is constantly telling you how rich he is. I started listening in the early Money Game days. Since he changed it to the DR show, he has changed.

His plan is common sense and works if followed as instructed.

a lot of money? His book costs $15-20 and the radio show is free

yes much of it is common sense but it lays out a roadmap. You should also take some time to look around and figure out that common sense isn't so common anymore.

His book selling is just the tip of the iceberg...videos, franchised classes, "finical peace university", doing tie-ins with churches, "dave ramsey approved"...the only one getting rich off Finacial Peace is dave ramsey. He is a huckster.

His book selling is just the tip of the iceberg...videos, franchised classes, "finical peace university", doing tie-ins with churches, "dave ramsey approved"...the only one getting rich off Finacial Peace is dave ramsey. He is a huckster.

his basics are in that book and it's cheap. Doing the rest is up to the individual. He has helped lots of people get their financial lives back on track when they could have otherwise folded.

it's not a crime to make money

Never said it was...but it helps when you are more concerned with helping others than helping yourself...and that you treat others with respect. Business wise and how he treats those who work with/for him...not a good person. But have no problem with folks using the ideas the throws out there, just problem with him.

My only problem with Dave is his hiring process. They go over your personal financial history, monthly budget and all kinds of things that really aren't any of his or the companies business.

I know about 25-30 people that work there and they all mostly enjoy it, but its not for everyone. I probably know just about as many people who have left. From what I understand, the pay is good but not great but there are other perks, for example, they paid for a friend of mine and her husband to go to France.

My only problem with Dave is his hiring process. They go over your personal financial history, monthly budget and all kinds of things that really aren't any of his or the companies business.

if you know what he's about then it makes sense. Credit reports are being looked at a lot more frequently in the hiring process

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back