Brother Duane Allman

Wood Man

41 years ago today we lost a great one. I started the morning out with "Statesboro Blues" from the final night the Fillmore East was open. Greatest band to ever take the stage.

Reactions: 1 person
Skydog !

Been a fan since I was 13. Visited the Big House in Macon last summer. If you're in the area check it out.

I'm not one to get all weird about such things but walking into Duane's bedroom and sitting in his chair was interesting. Sort of felt the vibe if you know what I mean.

I've been catching Gregg's shows once, twice a year when possible. He's looking frail but when he is in good health he still puts on a great show that takes me back to my youth.

ABB !:cool2:

Great band. Covered many of their songs.

This reminded me of a cover band I saw one night.

The said here's an Allman Bro.s song then played "I'm No Angel". Then to make matters worse they actually did play and Allman Bro.s song (Dreams) but said it was a Molly Hatchet song.

Drove me nuts.

Skydog !

Been a fan since I was 13. Visited the Big House in Macon last summer. If you're in the area check it out.

I'm not one to get all weird about such things but walking into Duane's bedroom and sitting in his chair was interesting. Sort of felt the vibe if you know what I mean.

I've been catching Gregg's shows once, twice a year when possible. He's looking frail but when he is in good health he still puts on a great show that takes me back to my youth.

ABB !:cool2:

The wife and I we're there on Duane's birthday on Sunday. Very well done "museum" of ABB. One of my favorite bands ever. Nice old house, too. The seven-headed shower stall was far out!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back