Staff member
Give me your top 5.

Those that come to mind for me, in no particular order:

MLB at bat
espn scorecenter
wunderradio
twitterrific
pandora

I also like the usatoday and yahoo apps.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

WSJ gives free what I pay for online.
HP 12
scorecenter
bloomberg
mobile yellow pages

The USOpen one was good.

There's a guitar one called Guitar Toolkit that's very handing (tuner, chord charts, scales, etc.)

Shazam (not Shaq) tells you what song is playing by listening to it.

WSJ gives free what I pay for online.
HP 12
scorecenter
bloomberg
mobile yellow pages

I'm checking out WSJ now. Thanks.

HP12 looks awesome but $15?

The USOpen one was good.

There's a guitar one called Guitar Toolkit that's very handing (tuner, chord charts, scales, etc.)

Shazam (not Shaq) tells you what song is playing by listening to it.

The US Open one was very good -- so was the Masters.

Pocket Cocktails is handy if you need a drink recipe.

"Remote" is handy for controlling your iTunes via you iPhone. I stream my iTunes around the house and I can control things from the livingroom, bedroom etc.

Thanks for the tips VF and BMFPV. I added WSJ, Bloomberg, Scorecenter, Pandora and Wunder radio (really cool).

Flixster, Remote, USA Today, NY Times, Epocrates, Pandora, Shazam, The Weather Channel, ESPN Scorecenter, and All Recipes.

Weather Channel
Sportacular
Yelp

haven't gotten it yet, but just heard there's a sirrus app

Mine would have to be:

Volunteers (although they don't really update in the off season)
UrbanSpoon
Shazam
Tiger Woods PGA Tour
Balance (checkbook balancer, smartest thing I've ever put on my phone)

Saw the Snoop Dogg "iFizzle" unveiled on the tonight show last night. It's should be available soon.

Soon my iPhone will say "Deez Nutz"

Flixster, Remote, USA Today, NY Times, Epocrates, Pandora, Shazam, The Weather Channel, ESPN Scorecenter, and All Recipes.

Can you give summaries of some of these? I'm not familar with Remote, Flixter, Epocrates or All Recipes.

Weather Channel
Sportacular
Yelp

haven't gotten it yet, but just heard there's a sirrus app

What is Yelp? Sounds familiar.

WSJ
Fox Sports
ifitness
AP news
Pandora

How do you like ifitness?

I'm just downloaded Evernote today. Anyone use it or something like it?

Can you give summaries of some of these? I'm not familar with Remote, Flixter, Epocrates or All Recipes.

I'm guessing Remote is the Apple app that lets you remotely control your iTunes from you iPhone.

I use it for my whole house system - you can access all your play lists, etc.

Remote is the one that lets you control your itunes library from your phone. Flixster is a movie app that shows all new movies that are coming out has info and trailers for movies and also provides theaters and movie times. Epocrates is clinical software, that is very handy for any healthcare worker. It has info on medications, diseases, infectious diseases, and info on lab work. All recipes is what it is. It has features of dish type, what kind of ingredients, and how long you are looking to cook for, pretty handy.

O yeah and paper toss is pretty addictive also.

I'm checking out WSJ now. Thanks.

HP12 looks awesome but $15?

I actually paid 25 for the HP 12, but I've been using one for years and finance is essentially what I do. Also have to have RPN. Never have to carry my calc anywhere, but use one much less than I used to.

Remote is the one that lets you control your itunes library from your phone. Flixster is a movie app that shows all new movies that are coming out has info and trailers for movies and also provides theaters and movie times. Epocrates is clinical software, that is very handy for any healthcare worker. It has info on medications, diseases, infectious diseases, and info on lab work. All recipes is what it is. It has features of dish type, what kind of ingredients, and how long you are looking to cook for, pretty handy.

O yeah and paper toss is pretty addictive also.

I have paper toss -- it is pretty addictive.

I actually paid 25 for the HP 12, but I've been using one for years and finance is essentially what I do. Also have to have RPN. Never have to carry my calc anywhere, but use one much less than I used to.

I use the 12c daily just not sure how often I would use it on my phone.... probably more often than I think.

Pandora is awesome. Is there a way to continue listening to it while you do other stuff on your phone?

Pandora is awesome. Is there a way to continue listening to it while you do other stuff on your phone?

I don't really like pandora. It's good if you want to listen to a mainstream genre, but most of what I listen to can't be found there.

On another note, the SiriusXM app is amazing, if you already have the interwebs subsription. There's always a time I want to listen to XM that I'm not in my car and this does the trick for me.

VN Store

Back