Traffic jam on Everest

Those people spend a fortune to go, and then are at the mercy of the flow of traffic and the weather. So they make stupid decisions and try to push to the summit. It's a risk they know they're taking, so it's kind of their own fault.

Conditions not very good either. I've been following this a bit because there are two local guys, in their 50's, up there.

I don't see the appeal. There's not even a good view. Just a couple other peaks and a bunch of clouds.

Climbing Everest is like running a marathon... It used to be a real achievement but now it's become so commercialized and easy almost anyone can do it....

The same week a 73 year old Japanes lady climbed it for the second time. She first peaked 10 years ago when she set thd record for the oldest woman to climb Everest so she broke her own record.

The two climbers from Ogden made the Summit. One was injured on the way back down, though. He's in the hospital now.

Seems easy enough to me, with only four people dying and all . . . .

Please. If there are literally hundreds of people making the summit at Everest every year and only four die that's better odds than driving to work in Atlanta every day... I would definitely say anyone who wanted to pony up the cash and do the training can climb Everest. Or run a marathon. I see folks every day with 26.2 stickers on their cars. Even if it took 7 hours to finish theyre gonna put that damn sticker on their car.... Right next to the stick figure family...

Please. If there are literally hundreds of people making the summit at Everest every year and only four die that's better odds than driving to work in Atlanta every day... I would definitely say anyone who wanted to pony up the cash and do the training can climb Everest. Or run a marathon. I see folks every day with 26.2 stickers on their cars. Even if it took 7 hours to finish theyre gonna put that damn sticker on their car.... Right next to the stick figure family...

:lol:

VN Store

Back