Carry Permit Holders

barknoxbrawler

I just bought a rock island compact .45 auto. Love it to death and is now my ccw. What do you or did you carry and why?

The piece that I end up carrying the majority of the time, is my Walther 40cal PPS. It is a great pocket carry pistol. Does not print and is a suitable caliber.

I also like having an officer's model 1911 carried inverted SOB, if I am wearing a jacket or untucked shirt.

I have heard alot of good things about the Rock Island 1911's. What is the general price range on those now days?

CH_V

The piece that I end up carrying the majority of the time, is my Walther 40cal PPS. It is a great pocket carry pistol. Does not print and is a suitable caliber.

I also like having an officer's model 1911 carried inverted SOB, if I am wearing a jacket or untucked shirt.

I have heard alot of good things about the Rock Island 1911's. What is the general price range on those now days?

CH_V

I went to bg gun show in nashville on saturday and they had horrible pricing. I went looking for the rock island. With some research, i found bellshire hardware and guns in nashville. Through the internet, i found that they are the nations largest supplier of rock island arms! I went to their shop and they were extremely knowledgeable in the rock island 45 auto. I bought an extra mag and the compact and was out the door for 464$. Reliability wise, nothing bad has been said about the rock. I took a chance on it and for a good entry level 1911, i am extremely happy with it. 90 rounds down the pipe and shooting tight 4" groups at 10 yards with the standard gi sights. I love this gun. I was carrying a Beretta 85 until i bought this little gem.

I went to bg gun show in nashville on saturday and they had horrible pricing. I went looking for the rock island. With some research, i found bellshire hardware and guns in nashville. Through the internet, i found that they are the nations largest supplier of rock island arms! I went to their shop and they were extremely knowledgeable in the rock island 45 auto. I bought an extra mag and the compact and was out the door for 464$. Reliability wise, nothing bad has been said about the rock. I took a chance on it and for a good entry level 1911, i am extremely happy with it. 90 rounds down the pipe and shooting tight 4" groups at 10 yards with the standard gi sights. I love this gun. I was carrying a Beretta 85 until i bought this little gem.

Thanks, That is a sweet deal. I have a co-worker that has a full sized Rock Island 1911. He loves it. I may check them out. You know you can never have enough side arms.

On a funny note... I love the new show "Doomsday Preppers". I don't like to watch it, but my wife does and now she keeps asking me if I have enough weapons and ammo....LOL.... I keep telling her no and keep buying new toys with her blessing.

Later,

CH_V

S&W Bodyguard .380

Small enough to conceal, built in laser

I love the look at feel of the bodyguard but i cant get past the trigger pull. The sig p238 will be my next purchase when they come down in price. I cant bring myself to purchase any 380 over 450 bucks.

XDM 9 .. Really like the fact it's 19 + 1.. I should be able to get the hell outta there with that.. Most places anyway. Nice groups at 25 yds.

I love the look at feel of the bodyguard but i cant get past the trigger pull. The sig p238 will be my next purchase when they come down in price. I cant bring myself to purchase any 380 over 450 bucks.

I find with the size of the firearm it allows me to put more force on the weapon without affecting my shot. The 8lb trigger is also an added safety feature. I have always carried a .380. I had a Colt Pony before this but quit carrying it due to the fact they only made it one year. To each his own.

In the summer I carry either my Glock 19 or Kel Tec pf9. When wearing a jacket in cooler weather I like to carry my Springfield 1911 or S&W 357.

Reactions: 1 person
In the summer I carry either my Glock 19 or Kel Tec pf9. When wearing a jacket in cooler weather I like to carry my Springfield 1911 or S&W 357.

Recently bought a Kel Tec p11. Nice gun for the price. Also carry a Taurus PT 940 .40 S&W in cooler weather. Wife carries S&W airweight hammerless .38

If I had my permit I'd carry either a Kimber .45, a Walther P90, or a Glock 20 in the winter. Not sure what I would carry during the summer when it was harder to conceal.

What's the point of having a concealed weapon? Serious question not saying u shouldn't be able to have one w a permit.

Just don't see why it's necessary.

What's the point of having a concealed weapon? Serious question not saying u shouldn't be able to have one w a permit.

Just don't see why it's necessary.

Second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Use it or lose it.

Some people carry them for protection. Some people carry them for other reasons. If you're going to carry a weapon, in my opinion, it's smart (and maybe required by law in some states, unsure about that) to conceal it. You could cause a panic in this day in age if you walk around with a gun on your hip for all to see if you fit a certain profile.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back