What Card in Your Wallet?

OldandStillaVol

Quitting my job next month and will have to give up my corporate credit card. That leaves me down to 1 cc (MC) for personal things. I think I need another card especially for business stuff. Any suggestions on what card to get and from whom?

Don't use credit cards except 1 I have for my biz. It's a B of A Visa

I've not had a credit card in 9 years now. Really don't see the need for one.

Neighbor of mine didn't believe in them either. Paid cash, had no debt, paid off his house and was living right. He went to buy a condo and wanted to borrow from the bank. They wouldn't lend him money because he didn't have a credit history.

If for nothing else, get one and pay it off every month. The dang lending laws have gone from crazy open to crazy crazy.

Using AmEx. Started using it some time back when KLM/Northwest merged with Delta. Before our card was with USBank and earning double miles which racked up fast for us. Once the change happened USBank went to the generic miles accural. In the end, it wasnt worth it as their miles to flights was so astronomical it wasnt worth it. Switched to AmEx and getting Delta miles 1:1.

I understand the whole concept of not having a credit card at all but when you check into a hotel and they reserve upwards of $400 against your debit card until you check out, it has a tendecy to bounce a few transactions especially if its right before payday. Same thing for fueling transactions. I treat the AmEx like a debit card paying it off fully with expense reembursements and when they reserve an amount it doesnt effect my family and their day to day living.

Chase Freedom has the best rewards. Discover and AMEX have the best customer service. Your choice. The Chase Freedom is a Visa, as well, so it's more universally accepted.

I have a BofA visa and the wife has an Amex. Don't use them except for large purchases and pay them off immediately. She travels so she needs it for expenses and I get cash back on mine. Really only use them for convenience and insurance/fraud protection. I hate debt

I have a BofA visa and the wife has an Amex. Don't use them except for large purchases and pay them off immediately. She travels so she needs it for expenses and I get cash back on mine. Really only use them for convenience and insurance/fraud protection. I hate debt

Same. Need it for business and convenience

I once paid a student loan off interest free with credit cards. Over the course of 2 years, I opened four 0%APR cards with no balance transfer fee for 6 months. Transfer the balance, pay on it 6 months, then transfer again.

I keep credit cards now, and pay them off every month. I'm not a fan of debt, but if the day comes I need to make something happen quick I have the ability.

I use Amex for everything possible. Just have to be disciplined and not use cash unless absolutely necessary so I can pay off each month.

Has helped me get a couple free flights each year.

Quitting my job next month and will have to give up my corporate credit card. That leaves me down to 1 cc (MC) for personal things. I think I need another card especially for business stuff. Any suggestions on what card to get and from whom?

get a card through USAA...

Reactions: 1 person
My wife's uncle has one. He is loaded. $5,000 initiation fee, and a $2,500 annual fee. You have to spend $250,000 annually on the card. Not many people have them.

Had a guy pay for his vehicle repair with a black card, I think Visa. He was the biggest douchebag I've ever dealt with. His name is on every commercial property for sale in this city. Incredibly short man, too.

Anyways, I really need to get a CC to build credit. Any suggestions for someone getting their first CC?

Southwest business Visa
SW personal cards for wife and myself.

Pay off in full each month and haven't paid for a flight in years, as long as it's SWA of course

Had a guy pay for his vehicle repair with a black card, I think Visa. He was the biggest douchebag I've ever dealt with. His name is on every commercial property for sale in this city. Incredibly short man, too.

Anyways, I really need to get a CC to build credit. Any suggestions for someone getting their first CC?

Try to do an Amex cuz its good
For your credit and it's a charge card. Use it like cash, just you HAVE to pay it off every month.

Amex has asked me to upgrade to platinum a
Couple times, but doesn't seem worth the annual fee to me. If u traveled a lot it would probably be sweet.

VN Store

Back