Breastfeeding in public

Is breastfeeding in public ok?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdywolfe

The other night my wife and her friend were having a knock-down-drag-out fight on facebook about wheather or not breastfeeding in public was appropriate. Got me thinkin that I'd like to see what the public opinion on this issue is.

Now I realize that since the majority of voters will probably me male the results may be a llittle skewed but oh well.

Is breastfeeding in publlic ok? Why or why not?

As a father of 2 I have no problem with it. I can't see what makes some so uncomfortable.

I have no problem with exposed titties in public. I encourage it. But I'm a bit of a perv too so I may be a little biased.

Reactions: 3 people
It's what they make pumps for. Pump it when your at home, give them a bottle in the store. I don't want to see some nasty titty whipped out in public and thrown into a baby's mouth. It's like asking yourself if it's cool to see someone popping a squat at a demo toliet at Lowe's.

Reactions: 1 person
It's what they make pumps for. Pump it when your at home, give them a bottle in the store. I don't want to see some nasty titty whipped out in public and thrown into a baby's mouth. It's like asking yourself if it's cool to see someone popping a squat at a demo toliet at Lowe's.

They cover up with a breastfeeding blanket, they don't expose their breast you moron.

Reactions: 4 people

I don't really see the connection between feeding an infant and taking a dump but that's cool. You have the right to your opinion. I'm not saying you're wrong.

I will say that I voted it's ok either way but I do feel like if coving up is an option it should probably taken advantage of. If it's not an option (forgot the cover or just don't want to) then I still think it's ok. I mean I see women with their titties busting out of thier shirts on a daily basis(not complaining btw). If that's ok than breastfeeding should be.

They cover up with a breastfeeding blanket, they don't expose their breast you moron.

Yeah 100% of women cover up their breasts while doing this in public, sure they do. I don't want to see a kid chowing down in public on their mom's tit. There are too many great technological advances to have this happen, period. What happens at home, should stay at home. That's just my opinion, and it doesn't make me a moron.

Only a prude would think it is wrong. But then again, stretch marks on a new mother are beautiful.

Comparing breastfeeding which has edible breast milk in it to taking a dump isn't quite equal to me. There are many factors. If it has been more than about 8 hours since they have been home any milk she would have stored in a cooler wouldn't be good anymore. I've also known a few people that never produced enough milk to put quantities in storage, kinda like an on demand. It would come out when the baby cried but that was about it. I dont think we should deprive a baby something obviously more nutritious than formula simply because we are uncomfortable. If i don't want to see something I don't look. It's like fat people that can't pull up their pants. I don't want to see your crack when you bend over, but do i cry about it? no. I just look the other way.

Comparing breastfeeding which has edible breast milk in it to taking a dump isn't quite equal to me. There are many factors. If it has been more than about 8 hours since they have been home any milk she would have stored in a cooler wouldn't be good anymore. I've also known a few people that never produced enough milk to put quantities in storage, kinda like an on demand. It would come out when the baby cried but that was about it. I dont think we should deprive a baby something obviously more nutritious than formula simply because we are uncomfortable. If i don't want to see something I don't look. It's like fat people that can't pull up their pants. I don't want to see your crack when you bend over, but do i cry about it? no. I just look the other way.

Here's a thought, go to the bathroom, whip it out, feed the kid, and then go back to shopping. It's really that simple. Also, it's not going to hurt the kid to have one bottle of formula every once in a while.

My wife never breast fed any of our kids. The myth about it making the baby healthier and closer to the mother are all false.

Still, the mother must be aware that other people may not understand or except that in a public place.

Now if it keeps a little hellion quiet while I try and enjoy my meal, then by all means, pop it in the mouth

Eric, a little more respectful please.

This is just one of those things that people just don't think about when they do it, and it's gets under my skin. Sorry to come off a bit crude, but your asking me in here to do the same thing that people out there should be thinking about when they want to do what this thread is about. Also, being called a moron after one of my first posts doesn't exactly lead me to be as respectful as normal.

what an absolutely ridiculous comparison.

Breast milk doesn't last a real long time unless frozen and not all parents choose to live their life in 3-4 hr increments

Here's a thought, go to the bathroom, whip it out, feed the kid, and then go back to shopping. It's really that simple. Also, it's not going to hurt the kid to have one bottle of formula every once in a while.
You don't have a clue what your talking about. I'll debate it with you, and I'll win. But it won't happen here.

You feel pretty strong about this issue, tell me about your mother...

Reactions: 2 people

I don't know about you but I have no desire to eat where people take a dump.

I have never in my lifetime seen a woman breastfeeding in public that exposed her bare breast. Where have you seen this Eric, a strip club? And I would bet that you don't have children

My wife never breast fed any of our kids. The myth about it making the baby healthier and closer to the mother are all false.

Still, the mother must be aware that other people may not understand or except that in a public place.

Now if it keeps a little hellion quiet while I try and enjoy my meal, then by all means, pop it in the mouth

It's definately the healthier choice but that doesn't at all mean that breastfed children will turn out any healthier than formula fed children.

My first child was fromula fed cause my wife just couldn't produce and my second has been breastfeeding for almost 7 months now. Both have turned out fine.

what an absolutely ridiculous comparison.

Breast milk doesn't last a real long time unless frozen and not all parents choose to live their life in 3-4 hr increments

Get outta town with that nonsense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back