6216 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Changing the Cord on a Dryer. within the forum The Pub. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 08-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
crusse10
THIS MAN IS A PERVERT

Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer
Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer
Changing the Cord on a Dryer

I'm changing it out and need a little help. I disconnected the old (3-prong) wire and am putting on a 4-prong. I already put the red, white, and black wires together, but I don't know where to put the green (gound) wire. There's already a green one connected to the outside, but it is coming from somewhere inside, not from the original (3-prong) wire.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
MG1968
Karmic Relief

Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer
Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer
Electrical Wiring in the Home: Rewire 3 prong dryer to 4 prong, stoves ovens, prong plug
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
crusse10
THIS MAN IS A PERVERT

So I should connect the pre-existing green wire to the middle white?
Old 08-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
OrangeVol79

Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer
Connect it to the ground (green).
Changing an Electric Dryer's Power Cord from a 3-Prong Plug to a 4-Prong Plug | How To Articles
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
MG1968
Karmic Relief

that's what the illustration shows.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
OrangeVol79

Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer Changing the Cord on a Dryer
Take a nut driver and unscrew and attach
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
crusse10
THIS MAN IS A PERVERT

So should I leave the pre-existing dangling by itself, connect that to something else, or leave it where it is and put the new green on top of it?
Old 08-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #8
OrangeVol79

Option 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
crusse10
THIS MAN IS A PERVERT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVol79 View Post
Option 3
I just want to make sure this is you saying that's the right thing and not just a guess
Old 08-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #10
OrangeVol79

I wired mine and the electrician checked it.
I just went and took cover off and checked.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #11
OrangeVol79

I actually had to put it under the wire that was already there.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #12
crusse10
THIS MAN IS A PERVERT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVol79 View Post
I actually had to put it under the wire that was already there.
Cool, thanks.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #13
OrangeVol79

The good thing about electricity if you do it wrong it will tell on you- ha.
That is what I was told.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #14
OrangeVol79

I just built a new house and had to do this. The electrician happened to be around.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #15
crusse10
THIS MAN IS A PERVERT

Fantastic. It's up and running. Thanks!