Snowboarding/Skiing/Trips/and all things snowsports thread

volinreallife

I thought this would be fun since the skiing season is upon us.

Post where you have been. Best places to eat, ski, and stay, and some wild things that might have happened during the trip. Also where will you guys be heading this winter.

I'll start it off I've been to snowshoe, Breckenridge, Copper, and Keystone. Hopefully going to A-basin and maybe Vail in January, thanks to my aunt who is paying my way. We pretty much ate at the cabin we were staying at, which was right around 10,500 ft. Don't really have any wild stories so you guys will have to fill that in for me.

Favorite overall resort: Whistler, BC. One of my favorite places on earth.

Best riding: Back bowls at Vail. I've been pretty lucky to go to a decent amount of great places but this is the one that always stands out. Had a lot to do with the conditions while I was there but it'd be hard to imagine it not being good very often.

Favorite resort town: Breck. This town is great enough on its own but, in full disclosure, this is partially based on having the good fortune of meeting a very "friendly" local one night and another out-of-towner with the same exact character trait a few nights later. That was one hell of a good trip.

Those are first three that come to mind.

I live about 30 minutes from Alta, Snowbird, Brighton, Park City, Sundance, Powder Mountain, Snow Basin, Brian Head, etc. I hear they ski there. I'll have to look into that rumor.:crazy:

Agree with Noch Breck is probably the best ski town at least in CO. I have a pass this season for Copper and Winterpark. I had never been to either until this season, though it's early I've been up twice - once to each.

I also like the back bowls at Keystone. Breck is good but mostly for the atmosphere. On the cheaper end, Loveland Ski Area has some pretty good terrain and even gets some good powder from time to time for being on the east side of the tunnel.

Never been to Vail but hope to try it this season.

Agree with Noch Breck is probably the best ski town at least in CO. I have a pass this season for Copper and Winterpark. I had never been to either until this season, though it's early I've been up twice - once to each.

I also like the back bowls at Keystone. Breck is good but mostly for the atmosphere. On the cheaper end, Loveland Ski Area has some pretty good terrain and even gets some good powder from time to time for being on the east side of the tunnel.

Never been to Vail but hope to try it this season.

you should save up and spring for the 5 mountain pass next season. hit up a-basin as well. watch for when the east wall opens up. it is rare, but fun if the conditions are just right for them to open it up. the basin is usually the last one to close in the spring as well. nothing better than spring skiing at the basin. but have fun. i wish i was still there.

you should save up and spring for the 5 mountain pass next season. hit up a-basin as well. watch for when the east wall opens up. it is rare, but fun if the conditions are just right for them to open it up. the basin is usually the last one to close in the spring as well. nothing better than spring skiing at the basin. but have fun. i wish i was still there.

Nice I may have to take you up on that.

I got the superpass this season cause you can get a buy one get one voucher through Wells Fargo for students. Graduated two years ago but still have the student ID. It comes in handy.

Yeah, A-basin is open well into June.

The high country here in CO is getting drilled too apparently. It's to bad I'm actually heading back to TN this weekend cause I'll be missing some fresh powder. But I'll gladly trade a day or two on the mountain to see the Vols beat uk.

too many to list but my fav spot is Taos ski valley. When the snow gets south, it cant be beat IMO. I will be in Vail this Jan and hope the weather holds out.

For the scenery and food : Tahoe
For the skiing and convenience: Vail/Beaver Creek
For the luxury: Deer Valley

Sugar Mt x2
Snowshoe
Ski Apache ( a bunch)
Steamboat
Winter Park x 3

Winter Park is my all around fav. has a variety of ski levels for young and old. Very family oriented, great for kids! Lodging is very nice. Very close to Denver, so it's not a long drive from the airport!

As bad as I hate to say it, I've been out west skiing. I do get a season pass to Snowshoe every year tho.
Occasionally go to Canaan, Timberline, and Wisp.

not really but with my posts it is hard to tell. I am headed there next so I check it everyday. My favorite is Taos but there is very little snow there. Posting this kind of sucks

Home :: Taos Ski Valley

My cousin always said that if you hit it right (being their at the right time) it was the best. I love the powder so when you post that picture/video of Vail I thought it was going to be snowing.

My cousin always said that if you hit it right (being their at the right time) it was the best. I love the powder so when you post that picture/video of Vail I thought it was going to be snowing.
for the first time in days...it wasnt. Colorado is having the best opening season on record. Where are some of your favorites? Board or ski? Best apres ski spot?

for the first time in days...it wasnt. Colorado is having the best opening season on record. Where are some of your favorites? Board or ski? Best apres ski spot?

I love Copper mountain, it is the best in my oppinion out of breck and keystone. The runs are open and don't cross as much as the other two. I do also like the backside of keystone huge rocks that you can go up on and fall off. (experience) I'm looking forward to this January, were looking to go to A-basin, keystone, copper, vail, and breck(Which i do not care for at all). Also the last time I was out their I had broke my ankle about a month before we went, which made it tougher. When you heading out?

I love Copper mountain, it is the best in my oppinion out of breck and keystone. The runs are open and don't cross as much as the other two. I do also like the backside of keystone huge rocks that you can go up on and fall off. (experience) I'm looking forward to this January, were looking to go to A-basin, keystone, copper, vail, and breck(Which i do not care for at all). Also the last time I was out their I had broke my ankle about a month before we went, which made it tougher. When you heading out?
mind you I am not a Vailhead but the ski group I go with loves it so we got a house for a week and headed out in mid Jan. I am more of a Alta, Snowbird, Jackson, and Taos guy. I hate breck as well but it is good for big groups. But hell, as long as we are making turns in the pow pow, all is good:peace2:

mind you I am not a Vailhead but the ski group I go with loves it so we got a house for a week and headed out in mid Jan. I am more of a Alta, Snowbird, Jackson, and Taos guy. I hate breck as well but it is good for big groups. But hell, as long as we are making turns in the pow pow, all is good:peace2:

Yea when the powder is flying there is no problem. When we went to copper, they were calling for 2-5 inches of snow the night before, and when we woke up there was about 2 ft and still snowing. Barely made it their, got up the mountain and there was maybe 10 people on the way down that was riding. One of the greatest times of my life being in knee deep powder.

Yea when the powder is flying there is no problem. When we went to copper, they were calling for 2-5 inches of snow the night before, and when we woke up there was about 2 ft and still snowing. Barely made it their, got up the mountain and there was maybe 10 people on the way down that was riding. One of the greatest times of my life being in knee deep powder.
good times

VN Store

Back