2463 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on The Runner's thread Page 247. within the forum The Pub. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #3691
Orangesmokey
Gator Hater

The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread
The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Vol View Post
3 tonight. First week back, 9 miles so far with 4 planned on Saturday. Getting my lungs back slowly. I'm also pushing my baby girl in a Bob jogging stroller which gives a little bit extra challenge
It's more than a little bit of a challenge. I pushed my son a few times when he was younger and man it's a work out. Doing this should help you with your pace when you are running without her. At least it helped me with my pace anyways.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #3692
tri_vol
Fate Loves The Fearless

The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread
From my run a couple weeks ago.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #3693
Orangesmokey
Gator Hater

The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread
Damn you tri!!! Absolutly awesome.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #3694
SDV

The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangesmokey View Post
It's more than a little bit of a challenge. I pushed my son a few times when he was younger and man it's a work out. Doing this should help you with your pace when you are running without her. At least it helped me with my pace anyways.
That's what I am hoping! And yes it's tough, especially up hills
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #3695
SDV

The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri_vol View Post
From my run a couple weeks ago.

Beautiful
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #3696
Orangesmokey
Gator Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Vol View Post
That's what I am hoping! And yes it's tough, especially up hills
I just ran small hills pushing him so I cannot even begin to think about a hill with some actually incline and distance to it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #3697
tri_vol
Fate Loves The Fearless

The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread The Runner's thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangesmokey View Post
Damn you tri!!! Absolutly awesome.
Think I spent more time taking pics than running. Natural preserve that was beautiful.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #3698
jguy2

The Runner's thread
2.89 miles today. My phone died at the 2.4 mile mark, don't know what my time was. I need to stop using the GPS and just time it. I'm ready for my LR tomorrow. I'll weigh in in the morning. First week is looking like a success so far.

Weekly Total: 11.29 miles
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #3699
bamacheats
YKW = Basilio's Bish

Marathon is off the table. No freakin way! I can't even run 1 straight mile without stopping because it feels like my heart is pumping hydrochloric acid. I don't think I can even do a half marathon. Ever! Holy hell! I don't know how you guys do it. My lungs feel like they're the size of sandwich bags.

At least my new shoes were comfortable. Of course, they did a lot more walking than running.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #3700
volfanbill
Fear The Monarchs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamacheats View Post
Marathon is off the table. No freakin way! I can't even run 1 straight mile without stopping because it feels like my heart is pumping hydrochloric acid. I don't think I can even do a half marathon. Ever! Holy hell! I don't know how you guys do it. My lungs feel like they're the size of sandwich bags.

At least my new shoes were comfortable. Of course, they did a lot more walking than running.
The hardest step is the first one. You really going to give up after one run?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #3701
tri_vol
Fate Loves The Fearless

Quote:

you are probably coming out of the gate running too fast. Start by running at a pace that seems slow then slow down some more. It will take a couple weeks to get your cardio levels up.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #3702
Orangesmokey
Gator Hater

Quote:

You have to start somewhere. Most people aren't going to start out being able to run a mile straight after not running before. I would recommend checking out the couch to 5k program. It's the best thing I have seen for people wanting to start running. It's not going to feel good or be easy the first couple of runs, but stick with it because the rewards are awesome and the feeling you get after completing a run is worth it. Good luck and I hope you don't give up.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #3703
Orangesmokey
Gator Hater

Quote:
Think I spent more time taking pics than running. Natural preserve that was beautiful.
Well worth the time spent taking pics. Is this place close to where you live?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #3704
jguy2

The Runner's thread
Quote:
you are probably coming out of the gate running too fast. Start by running at a pace that seems slow then slow down some more. It will take a couple weeks to get your cardio levels up.
It'll still probably be too fast. No joke bamacheats, if you don't feel like you're crawling, you're going to fast at this point. I've probably been running the least time of anyone on this thread at about a year, and I remember vividly when i started how much it sucked. If I would have slowed down sooner, I would have improved a lot faster and enjoyed it more.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #3705
SDV

Quote:

I had never run my entire life until last year. I ran and completed a half marathon, which I never dreamed I could do. If my ass can do it, anyone can
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP