Paging Carl Pickens.....

GreveHaller

We discussed some time back about our working at Opryland. After searching for a couple of years I finally landed two yearbooks, 1981 and 1982. Let me know if you want me to post pics from wardrobe.

We discussed some time back about our working at Opryland. After searching for a couple of years I finally landed two yearbooks, 1981 and 1982. Let me know if you want me to post pics from wardrobe.

I didn't start until '84, but I'd still like to see them and any others you care to post. I'm sure they'll be people I recognize or know

Enjoy. These are from the 1982 yearbook

Attachments

• 82 wd 1.jpg
    82 wd 1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 82 wd 2.jpg
    82 wd 2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 82 wd 3.jpg
    82 wd 3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
No joke, my doppelganger is in one of those pics. If I didn't know better, I would swear it was me.

Looks like the pictures hanging up at camp crystal lake. Some 80's humping about to go down.

Ch ch ch ch....

Ah ah ah ah....

Enjoy. These are from the 1982 yearbook

Only the bottom picture had the wardrobe people I worked with. The rest of them are the people that actually worked in the laundry area in the back of the building.

I worked with Donna Baird.... the tall chick in the back .... and Rob something.... can't recall his name. He's standing in front of her with the curly hair.

The best part of working in wardrobe was getting to meet so many people that worked in the park. I still see people I recognize from that place.... and usually what uniform they wore.

Only the bottom picture had the wardrobe people I worked with. The rest of them are the people that actually worked in the laundry area in the back of the building.

I worked with Donna Baird.... the tall chick in the back .... and Rob something.... can't recall his name. He's standing in front of her with the curly hair.

The best part of working in wardrobe was getting to meet so many people that worked in the park. I still see people I recognize from that place.... and usually what uniform they wore.

I take it you didnt know Julie, the girl in the first row with the matching Olivia Newton John 'Physical' headband. Why they both wore them, I dont know. I went to school with both.

Its really been fun going thru the albums seeing people that I havent thought of in many years. I found some I went to HS with and didnt know they worked in the park. Sadly, there are some that have gone the way of the park and are no longer with us. I've looked thru the performers too and there are some that went on to make a name for themselves.

I take it you didnt know Julie, the girl in the first row with the matching Olivia Newton John 'Physical' headband. Why they both wore them, I dont know. I went to school with both.

Its really been fun going thru the albums seeing people that I havent thought of in many years. I found some I went to HS with and didnt know they worked in the park. Sadly, there are some that have gone the way of the park and are no longer with us. I've looked thru the performers too and there are some that went on to make a name for themselves.

You went to McGavock? When did you graduate and where did you work in the park? .... a restaurant in the New Orleans area?

yes. 82. Mardi Gras

You know Bill Swindle? I worked with him and seem to recall he worked there before moving to wardrobe.

Did you know Bobby Bearden? He's a good friend of mine and he grew up in Donelsonand went to McGavock.
I graduated from DuPont in '85

You know Bill Swindle? I worked with him and seem to recall he worked there before moving to wardrobe.

Did you know Bobby Bearden? He's a good friend of mine and he grew up in Donelsonand went to McGavock.
I graduated from DuPont in '85

yeah, I know Bill. We talked about that a few moons ago. Him being out there in H-wood. Looks like he hasnt done anything since 2015 per IMDB. I've emailed him a few times over the years. Funny story I remember about him was that he was playing football for Goodpasture and shaved his head. One of the singers for the gospel group that performed next to Bourbon St Pizza cried when he did it. We were young and naive but realized the singer might not have been in it to meet girls.....

I know Bobby too. Not very well but know him. You ever been out to hear his group perform?

I cant remember any other from DuPont except the Gaines bros and the Humpreys brothers, which you probably wont remember cause they were even older than me. Did you ever go to Ravenwood CC?

yeah, I know Bill. We talked about that a few moons ago. Him being out there in H-wood. Looks like he hasnt done anything since 2015 per IMDB. I've emailed him a few times over the years. Funny story I remember about him was that he was playing football for Goodpasture and shaved his head. One of the singers for the gospel group that performed next to Bourbon St Pizza cried when he did it. We were young and naive but realized the singer might not have been in it to meet girls.....

I know Bobby too. Not very well but know him. You ever been out to hear his group perform?

I cant remember any other from DuPont except the Gaines bros and the Humpreys brothers, which you probably wont remember cause they were even older than me. Did you ever go to Ravenwood CC?

I've been to see Bobby's various groups play many times. He's still playing with a group called Minus One. There's another McGavock guy that plays with him, Tim Cherry. I've been good friends with both of them for 30 years.

I went to Ravenwood some with my brother in law as he was a member there.

Do you still have Bill's email? He and I went to a couple of Vols games in '85 and '86. I haven't talked to him since he moved out to LA though.

I've been to see Bobby's various groups play many times. He's still playing with a group called Minus One. There's another McGavock guy that plays with him, Tim Cherry. I've been good friends with both of them for 30 years.

Do you still have Bill's email? He and I went to a couple of Vols games in '85 and '86. I haven't talked to him since he moved out to LA though.

swindle.bill@gmail.com

that's the last one I have for him. Looks like I got it in 2014 so it might be dated

Yep, know Tim and his bro Tommy as well as their little sister. I havent seen Minus One but hear good stuff about them. Is that the group with Jimmy Griffith? Jimmy's also dj-ing for WHIN out of Galatin. Its a weak station but they play great 80s music.

You're old, buddy.

You're old, buddy.

Tell me about it..... I started working out again two weeks ago and I'm still sore....the Tennessee Men's Clinic commercials on the radio piss me off....I don't like flat billed hats....I don't eat after 6:00..... hell I could go on and on.

swindle.bill@gmail.com

that's the last one I have for him. Looks like I got it in 2014 so it might be dated

Yep, know Tim and his bro Tommy as well as their little sister. I havent seen Minus One but hear good stuff about them. Is that the group with Jimmy Griffith? Jimmy's also dj-ing for WHIN out of Galatin. Its a weak station but they play great 80s music.

I'm not familiar with him. Tim plays in ....or used to play... not sure now.... with a group called Sucker Punch. I've met all the guys in Minus One.

We probably know a lot of the same people. I worked with several McGavock folks and met a lot of their friends and etc.

I'm not familiar with him. Tim plays in ....or used to play... not sure now.... with a group called Sucker Punch. I've met all the guys in Minus One.

We probably know a lot of the same people. I worked with several McGavock folks and met a lot of their friends and etc.

I think you are correct that Jimmy is in Sucker Punch. SP and MO are all mingled together.

Yep we prob know of the same. I know tons of Mt Juliet HS alumn from the park. Between that and that so many Big McG alumn moved to Mt Juliet

Let me know if you want pics from other areas of the park

I think you are correct that Jimmy is in Sucker Punch. SP and MO are all mingled together.

Yep we prob know of the same. I know tons of Mt Juliet HS alumn from the park. Between that and that so many Big McG alumn moved to Mt Juliet

Let me know if you want pics from other areas of the park

Post 'em if you got 'em. I'm sure they'll be more people we know in there.

I live out in Mt. Juliet now, but grew up in Old Hickory

VN Store

Back