3344 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures). within the forum The Endzone. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 08-15-2017, 06:30 AM   #1
Orangeslice13
can't spell/dosen't care

Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures)
Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures)
Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures)

Go
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2017, 06:33 AM   #2
Orangeslice13
can't spell/dosen't care

Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures)
Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures)
Yesterday we started removing the old battered stain from worn out flooring
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52444683496__2311AA5C-1125-4970-9DA1-5A8A12E287B7.jpg (59.1 KB, 6 views)
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2017, 06:33 AM   #3
Orangeslice13
can't spell/dosen't care

Putting back a similar color
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52444768965__1BF0D549-7D9E-4267-9595-F5F9D05D2EFA.jpg (64.2 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2017, 08:57 AM   #4
Tin Man

Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures)
What is it with the popularity of walnut stain on oak flooring?* It hides pet stains better?

I go to restaurants housed in old buildings, and they're applying finishes which show off the distressed nature of the sanded wood flooring - from honey colored to clear.

*My own missus insists on walnut stain on our "reclaimed" wood floors, lighter neutral tones on walls, and bright white ceilings, avowing it aligns with current market trends.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2017, 09:04 AM   #5
buckfama

Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
What is it with the popularity of walnut stain on oak flooring?* It hides pet stains better?

I go to restaurants housed in old buildings, and they're applying finishes which show off the distressed nature of the sanded wood flooring - from honey colored to clear.

*My own missus insists on walnut stain on our "reclaimed" wood floors, lighter neutral tones on walls, and bright white ceilings, avowing it aligns with current market trends.
I always prefer the natural color or the wood. Market trends be danged!! Lol
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2017, 11:31 AM   #6
joevol33

Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxamusXIII View Post
Yesterday we started removing the old battered stain from worn out flooring
Is that hard to do? As in, does it come off easy, or take a lot of work.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2017, 07:41 PM   #7
buckfama

Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures)
Today was a bust in some ways and a blessing in others.

The guy I'm working for flattened 2 tires on his bobcat and so he parked it right in the middle of the area where I store my wood.

He and his worker were busy moving some furniture so in order for me to get my wood off the trailer and denailed, I offered to pull the tired and take them to the co-op and get them plugged. He was grateful for me offering and so I tore out trying to get them repaired. Took me half a day (another story in itself lol). But I got them fixed and back on the bobcat.

So I got it moved and got my trailer pulled in and got about 4 good hours in denailing.

While I was working my new customer called from Florida and placed his first order!! I have to call him back in a couple of days and finalize what I'm bringing him, but it will be roughly between 1000 to 1200 board feet. I'm so pumped.

So I stopped what I was doing, ran to the store and bought me a ribeye to celebrate over. 😀😀

So I guess the moral of the story is no matter how crappy your day starts out, you never know how it will end. Keep plugging away at it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170815_115804546.jpg (64.9 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2017, 07:44 PM   #8
Orangeslice13
can't spell/dosen't care

Ok.
Progress on the bath in the 1890s house.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0028.jpg (41.9 KB, 3 views)
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2017, 07:44 PM   #9
Orangeslice13
can't spell/dosen't care

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0029.jpg (45.1 KB, 3 views)
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2017, 07:45 PM   #10
Orangeslice13
can't spell/dosen't care

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0030.jpg (37.4 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2017, 07:46 PM   #11
Orangeslice13
can't spell/dosen't care

4 claw foot tub arrives tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0031.jpg (44.8 KB, 3 views)
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2017, 07:47 PM   #12
Orangeslice13
can't spell/dosen't care

After termites were eradicated we were able to save one shiplap wall. This bathroom will be a really cool mix of old and new
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2017, 07:49 PM   #13
Orangeslice13
can't spell/dosen't care

Interestingly the original door was put in upside down. (As seen in 4th picture). It's been that way over 100 years so it's staying that way.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2017, 08:10 PM   #14
Behr
Love ya buddy!

Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures) Buckfama tears things down and Slice builds them. (Pictures)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfama View Post
Today was a bust in some ways and a blessing in others.

The guy I'm working for flattened 2 tires on his bobcat and so he parked it right in the middle of the area where I store my wood.

He and his worker were busy moving some furniture so in order for me to get my wood off the trailer and denailed, I offered to pull the tired and take them to the co-op and get them plugged. He was grateful for me offering and so I tore out trying to get them repaired. Took me half a day (another story in itself lol). But I got them fixed and back on the bobcat.

So I got it moved and got my trailer pulled in and got about 4 good hours in denailing.

While I was working my new customer called from Florida and placed his first order!! I have to call him back in a couple of days and finalize what I'm bringing him, but it will be roughly between 1000 to 1200 board feet. I'm so pumped.

So I stopped what I was doing, ran to the store and bought me a ribeye to celebrate over. 😀😀

So I guess the moral of the story is no matter how crappy your day starts out, you never know how it will end. Keep plugging away at it.
Obviously, Slice didn't give a schit about your story, but I did. Good for you. How was the ribeye?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2017, 08:12 PM   #15
Orangeslice13
can't spell/dosen't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behr View Post
Obviously, Slice didn't give a schit about your story, but I did. Good for you. How was the ribeye?
Of course you want to know about the food.

And I started the thread so my appreciation of his story is a given in the algebraic equation of life
Reply With Quote TOP