Things built, torn down and other projects.(Pictures)

Yesterday we started removing the old battered stain from worn out flooring

Attachments

• 52444683496__2311AA5C-1125-4970-9DA1-5A8A12E287B7.jpg
    52444683496__2311AA5C-1125-4970-9DA1-5A8A12E287B7.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: 2 people
Putting back a similar color

Attachments

• 52444768965__1BF0D549-7D9E-4267-9595-F5F9D05D2EFA.jpg
    52444768965__1BF0D549-7D9E-4267-9595-F5F9D05D2EFA.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 5
What is it with the popularity of walnut stain on oak flooring?* It hides pet stains better?

I go to restaurants housed in old buildings, and they're applying finishes which show off the distressed nature of the sanded wood flooring - from honey colored to clear.

*My own missus insists on walnut stain on our "reclaimed" wood floors, lighter neutral tones on walls, and bright white ceilings, avowing it aligns with current market trends.

What is it with the popularity of walnut stain on oak flooring?* It hides pet stains better?

I go to restaurants housed in old buildings, and they're applying finishes which show off the distressed nature of the sanded wood flooring - from honey colored to clear.

*My own missus insists on walnut stain on our "reclaimed" wood floors, lighter neutral tones on walls, and bright white ceilings, avowing it aligns with current market trends.

I always prefer the natural color or the wood. Market trends be danged!! Lol

Today was a bust in some ways and a blessing in others.

The guy I'm working for flattened 2 tires on his bobcat and so he parked it right in the middle of the area where I store my wood.

He and his worker were busy moving some furniture so in order for me to get my wood off the trailer and denailed, I offered to pull the tired and take them to the co-op and get them plugged. He was grateful for me offering and so I tore out trying to get them repaired. Took me half a day (another story in itself lol). But I got them fixed and back on the bobcat.

So I got it moved and got my trailer pulled in and got about 4 good hours in denailing.

While I was working my new customer called from Florida and placed his first order!! I have to call him back in a couple of days and finalize what I'm bringing him, but it will be roughly between 1000 to 1200 board feet. I'm so pumped.

So I stopped what I was doing, ran to the store and bought me a ribeye to celebrate over. 😀😀

So I guess the moral of the story is no matter how crappy your day starts out, you never know how it will end. Keep plugging away at it.

Attachments

• IMG_20170815_115804546.jpg
    IMG_20170815_115804546.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 3 people
After termites were eradicated we were able to save one shiplap wall. This bathroom will be a really cool mix of old and new

Interestingly the original door was put in upside down. (As seen in 4th picture). It's been that way over 100 years so it's staying that way.

Today was a bust in some ways and a blessing in others.

The guy I'm working for flattened 2 tires on his bobcat and so he parked it right in the middle of the area where I store my wood.

He and his worker were busy moving some furniture so in order for me to get my wood off the trailer and denailed, I offered to pull the tired and take them to the co-op and get them plugged. He was grateful for me offering and so I tore out trying to get them repaired. Took me half a day (another story in itself lol). But I got them fixed and back on the bobcat.

So I got it moved and got my trailer pulled in and got about 4 good hours in denailing.

While I was working my new customer called from Florida and placed his first order!! I have to call him back in a couple of days and finalize what I'm bringing him, but it will be roughly between 1000 to 1200 board feet. I'm so pumped.

So I stopped what I was doing, ran to the store and bought me a ribeye to celebrate over. 😀😀

So I guess the moral of the story is no matter how crappy your day starts out, you never know how it will end. Keep plugging away at it.

Obviously, Slice didn't give a schit about your story, but I did. Good for you. How was the ribeye?

Obviously, Slice didn't give a schit about your story, but I did. Good for you. How was the ribeye?

Of course you want to know about the food.

And I started the thread so my appreciation of his story is a given in the algebraic equation of life

I impressed, Red help you with "algebraic equation"? I know you didn't spell it on your own. Lol.

It hit the spot.. cooked in butter and a touch of seasoning and Crystal hot sauce.. medium rare. It was a good end to the day.

You do nice work man. I love the ship lap walls. And leaving the door upside down is awesome. Most are anal about things like that and would replace it. To me it is part of the character and history of the house.. I appreciate you leaving it.

Tomorrow will be a boring day. Have to finish denailing, trimming, and tallying what I have on hand.

I'll call him back and he will finalize his order by what I have ready. I actually got 2 orders from him today. One was for a load of poplar this week and a load of oak out of the next building in a week or so.

VN Store

Back