Tattoos

I have none. When I was a kid there was a guy at our church that had gotten a tattoo as a young man. As he got older he was ashamed of it. He always wore long sleeves no matter how hot it was. That has always stuck with me for some reason.

Reactions: 1 person
I have none, and thankfully my wife has none. Might look OK when young, and the thought process that got it. And i did entertain a Tat at one time. But...as I thought it out, i was always mindful that I had never seen one on a man or woman that looked as good at 50 as it did at 25. My nephew is literally covered in them. I can only imagine what he will look like in 20-30 years. Nothing against them per se. Just not for me.

I have one. Some script on my upper left arm.

It's interesting to see how everyone in my generation is so into them. For the life of me I don't understand how people can get the stupidest things printed on them for life. I only got mine after thinking about it for a while. I have friends who have gotten random pictures or designs. I agree that sorta stuff will just be something to regret when you're older.

Sometimes I wonder if the trend will reverse after this current one and more young people will stop getting them. It seems now that more have tattoos than not.

First one I got to just get basically (I had just turned 18)

I got the other 2 back in '15. Those I actually thought about before getting

Could have won some bar bets with "YOUR NAME" tattooed on the tally wacker.

Hey, I'll betcha a hundred dollars I got your name tattooed on my tally wacker. Lol

Got it after I lost mom. It's her handwriting.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1500500581406.jpg
    FB_IMG_1500500581406.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1
I got this cuz I hate scool.

6-86914-worst-tattoos-2014-cool-for-scool-1418777231.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
I remember you posting this in the pub, but I didn't know (or remember about the handwriting), that's cool.

When she won the Life Achievement Award from the American Cancer Society, her genetics counselor read the essay she submitted when she nominated mom. The first line was the verse from Nehemiah.

Got this one a few months ago

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-21-18-12-47-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-21-18-12-47-1.png
    638.2 KB · Views: 0
What is the significance of a semi colon tattoo?

It's used in a place where the story could have ended but the author decided to continue. It's been adopted as the sign for depression and suicide awareness. It holds a special meaning for me

It's used in a place where the story could have ended but the author decided to continue. It's been adopted as the sign for depression and suicide awareness. It holds a special meaning for me

That's it. I actually heard a preacher preach a message a few months ago on that topic, and he used the semicolon. It was really good.

My first instinct last night was to tell you I love that. But that just didn't seem appropriate because of the reason you got it. So I just liked the post and didn't respond.

But I do love it. I love that your daughter has the family support that she needs. And all of you are still in our prayers.

VN Store

Back