4306 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Wendy's football discussion thread. Page 152. within the forum The Endzone. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old Today, 01:01 PM   #2266
rocytop2624
Big Member

Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeslice13 View Post
I have heard a new small piece of information.
We are apparently willing to spend this time. I still have my doubts but at least theyíre talking about trying to get their #1 choice instead of going bargain shopping.

Gruden, who I think is a real possibility, I think thereís a hire that will make everyone happy
Boom Gruden Gruden Gruden! Sounds good slice!fyp ... one thing about it Gruden makes the bad years good with trying to catch him looks like we got the big fish of the sea now.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 01:12 PM   #2267
volfanbill
Fear The Monarchs!

Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread.
Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBloodRunnethOrange View Post
I'm still not sold that he would be a good fit here, mainly because he seems to be all offense with only a token defense. However if he's the guy I'll be on board 100%
I think itís fairly obvious whether itís Kelly, Gruden or whomever, a competent staff comes with it. IE, a defensive minded head coach hires a very good OC and vice versa for an offensive coach.

Why would you be on board 100% for Kelly if youíre not sold on him? Does that reasoning work regardless of the hire?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 01:48 PM   #2268
MyBloodRunnethOrange
Jesus is Lord

Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread.
Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfanbill View Post
I think itís fairly obvious whether itís Kelly, Gruden or whomever, a competent staff comes with it. IE, a defensive minded head coach hires a very good OC and vice versa for an offensive coach.

Why would you be on board 100% for Kelly if youíre not sold on him? Does that reasoning work regardless of the hire?
Yes, because once the decision is made it's made. I may not like the hire, but I'll support whoever it is unless and until he proves to be incapable of doing the job. I was still behind Butch until the Florida game.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 02:02 PM   #2269
volfanbill
Fear The Monarchs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBloodRunnethOrange View Post
Yes, because once the decision is made it's made. I may not like the hire, but I'll support whoever it is unless and until he proves to be incapable of doing the job. I was still behind Butch until the Florida game.
Perhaps I have battered fan syndrome along with slice. Thereís no way I can be 100% just any coach. Iím not sure I could get behind Gruden, Kelly or Fuente 100% until they show me something.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #2270
Orangeslice13
can't spell/dosen't care

Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfanbill View Post
Perhaps I have battered fan syndrome along with slice. Thereís no way I can be 100% just any coach. Iím not sure I could get behind Gruden, Kelly or Fuente 100% until they show me something.
Admitting we have a problem is the first step to recovery
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 02:57 PM   #2271
Tin Man

Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread.
I will give any Tennessee coach time to show me something. Kiffin proved to be a circumcision within months of his hire. Dooley proved to be the unCoach with the first year turnover on his staff. Butch, well, year 5 is an exit ramp sign, to date. May the next coach demonstrate the right stuff. Amen, and pop open that ice cold Nehi orange.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #2272
Tin Man

Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread.
I have posted a thread to the FF. If you deny knowing me in the future, I'll figure it out.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 03:50 PM   #2273
joevol33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
I have posted a thread to the FF. If you deny knowing me in the future, I'll figure it out.
Is it a coach thread?!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 09:18 PM   #2274
GonzoforCuonzo
NZ4L!

Quote:
Admitting we have a problem is the first step to recovery
Who has a problem? I only see this as a solution in waiting. (Platitudes make the pain easier...)
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 09:23 PM   #2275
Orangeslice13
can't spell/dosen't care

My thoughts from tonightís Torah study.

Ecclesiastes 1:9King James Version (KJV)

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 09:38 PM   #2276
Thunder Good-Oil

Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread. Wendy's football discussion thread.
Quote:
My thoughts from tonightís Torah study.

Ecclesiastes 1:9King James Version (KJV)

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Butch thought he was reinventing football. Silly Catholic.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 09:49 PM   #2277
volfanbill
Fear The Monarchs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoforCuonzo View Post
Who has a problem? I only see this as a solution in waiting. (Platitudes make the pain easier...)
I donít know if platitudes do or donít, but hesitating on coaches does. I went all in on Dools, and got far too angry when he failed. I hesitated on Butch from the get go and it has made this stretch lots easier for me. Itís been funny to go back through my old fb posts with the ď#coachcantcoachĒ from even four years ago.
Reply With Quote TOP