2017 Endzone's Best Ball Challenge - Masters

95 Vol Alum

Go Big Vols!
Rules:
Pick a foursome - one golfer from each group (A, B, C, D). Scoring is best ball by hole in each round. Lowest 4 round score wins. Team must be posted prior to the first tee time.

Tie Breaker #1 - Final round score of the winner.

Tie Breaker #2 - Total four round score of the winner.

FYI - Please check your lineup to see they are scheduled to play.

I'll try to update the standings each night. I've done my best to group the golfers using the World Rankings. The golfers are ordered by their current rankings.

Group A (pick 1)
Dustin Johnson
Rory McIlroy
Jason Day
Hideki Matsuyama
Henrik Stenson
Jordan Spieth
Justin Thomas
Rickie Fowler
Adam Scott
Alexander Noren
Sergio Garcia
Jon Rahm
Patrick Reed
Justin Rose
Tyrell Hatton
Paul Casey
Danny Willett
Phil Mickelson
Bubba Watson

Group B (pick 1)
Branden Grace
Matt Kuchar
Brandt Snedeker
Russell Knox
Jimmy Walker
Brooks Koepka
Rafael Cabrera-Bello
Marc Leishman
Louis Oosthuizen
Charl Schwartzel
Francesco Molinari
Matthew Fitzpatrick
Tommy Fleetwood
Emiliano Grillo
Daniel Berger
Thomas Pieters
Gary Woodland
Kevin Kisner
Ryan Moore
Bill Haas
J.B. Holmes
Bernd Wiesberger
Yuta Ikeda
Kevin Chappell
Martin Kaymer

Group C (pick 1)
Ross Fisher
Adam Hadwin
Jeunghun Wang
Hideto Tanihara
Zach Johnson
Scott Piercy
Kevin Na
Charley Hoffman
William McGirt
Lee Westwood
Byeong-Hun An
Brendan Steele
Jhonattan Vegas
Andy Sullivan
Jim Furyk
Chris Wood
Russell Henley
Soren Kjeldsen
Pat Perez
Shane Lowry
Jason Dufner
Webb Simpson
Si Woo Kim
Hudson Swafford

Group D (pick 1)
James Hahn
Sean O'Hair
Roberto Castro
Daniel Summerhays
Steve Stricker
Mackenzie Hughes
Billy Hurley III
Rod Pampling
Brian Stuard
Vijay Singh
Ernie Els
Angel Cabrera
Bernhard Langer
Mark O'Meara
Fred Couples
Jose Maria Olazabal

Good luck. tl;dr.

Masters Final Standings:

• 95 Vol Alum -44
  • volfanbill -41
  • Gnome -40
  • vol in ar -38
  • joevol -38
  • Yankee -37
  • sweetrack -36
  • GreveHaller -34
  • shelbyvillevol -33
  • Tex -32
  • mcompton -31
  • malinoisvol -30
  • NEVolFan -30
  • Derek -30
  • Dave -29
  • Sly -28
  • insidesource -28
  • LouderVol -27
  • joeydupree -27
  • CanadianVol -26
  • volinbham -26
  • MphsBlues -24
  • Thunder Good-Oil -23
  • 3* -16

Last edited:
Rory McIlroy
Marc Leishman
Adam Hadwin
Roberto Castro
66, 276

I'd love to see Sandy Lyle, Freddie, Langer, Woosnan or the other old timers make the cut.

I guess Ben Crenshaw hung it up. It will be weird to not see Tom Watson participating.

It's good to see Ernie Els continue to qualify despite never winning at Augusta and getting the lifetime invitation. This might be Big Ern's final Masters... I assume he qualified by winning the 2012 Open which got him invited to the 2013-2017 Masters. That 5-year qualifier runs out after this one. Lee Trevino, John Daly, and the Shark never won a Masters and didn't get to play into their middle years.

Time is running out on Sergio and Furyk too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Jordan Spieth
Tommy Fleetwood
Soren Kjeldsen
Mackenzie Hughes

68, 275

Last edited:
Jason Day
Brandt Snedeker
Zach Johnson
James Hahn

Rory Mcllory
Jimmy Walker
Byeong Hun An
Steve Striker

This is Ernie's last one by all accounts.

Lee Westwood might not be back either.

Big Ern most likely will have to get a top 12 2017 Masters finish in order to qualify next year. A top 5 in one of the other majors is less likely.

Tiger might have only qualified as a past champion. It was 20 years ago when he destroyed the field and the course record. I wonder if he'll ever play in it again.

I'd love to see Sandy Lyle, Freddie, Langer, Woosnan or the other old timers make the cut.

I guess Ben Crenshaw hung it up. It will be weird to not see Tom Watson participating.

It's good to see Ernie Els continue to qualify despite never winning at Augusta and getting the lifetime invitation. This might be Big Ern's final Masters... I assume he qualified by winning the 2012 Open which got him invited to the 2013-2017 Masters. That 5-year qualifier runs out after this one. Lee Trevino, John Daly, and the Shark never won a Masters and didn't get to play into their middle years.

Time is running out on Sergio and Furyk too.

Yesterday was a classic beautiful and classic day at the Masters practice round. On Monday they evacuated the course twice due to lightning but yesterday it was bright sunny and about 85.

We were around Amen corner when we saw the sign that Mickelson had teed off so decided to try to find his group. Got to #8 and found them. Tee box packed and so was all the patrons around the green. 8 is the par 3 with the high tee box and they let patrons sit on the hill while the player shoot over their head. We walk into the area to sit and barely anyone was in it. Players hit and start to walk down the hill and there's Phil and it walking right next to us. He's lost a ton of weight btw. He made a comment about my T on my hat which was fun. Then coming down the hill behind them......Ben Crenshaw. Got to say hi and ask if we could take a pic with him. Super nice guy. So my pics with him have my mouth gaped open cause I'm saying "omg, I'm getting my pic with Ben Crenshaw". Ben evidently was just walking it. So cool.

Ernie Eels was the very last group on the course. He was on 16 about 5:00

Watched Brandt come down 15. He spent alot of time in the sand trap off the right side of the green. Then he didnt even go to the tee at 16 and went straight to the green. Strange.

We were sitting at Amen corner looking down from the stands when out with the players and caddies was a young couple. I was thinking "how the heck did these get to go out on the course??" Shortly after that they are posing for a pic on the box when he gets on a knee, holds his hand out and one of the caddies hands him a box, and proposes right there in front of about 300 people. At Augusta. At Amen Corner. Hard to say no on that. Pretty cool though

Kevin Na had a blast at 16. He skipped about 5 balls across the water. Egged on the crowd to scream when he was hitting

Bubba played with a yellow ball and pink ball so it wasnt hard to pick out where he was. After everyone in his group skipped it across 16 he pulled out his pink driver and used it to skip it across.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The par 3 that they hit over your head is #6 rather than #8. The par 3s are 4/6/12/16. 4 is pretty good for viewing... when the sun isn't hot. You can roast in those stands.

Play is currently suspended. I hope it dries out, but rain is forecast tomorrow as well. Friday looks outstanding... sunny and a high of 63/64.

VN Store

Back