We Digress...

Tin Man

Dirt's Childhood Playmate
You know of those times when an errant post derails a thread discussion? OK, not the deliberate derailings, the other ones... Well, Behr and Wylo know about them. They've posted about starting a digression thread, where one can drag in those errant topics and chew on 'em like cud. Here it is.

Now, you don't have to know, agree, or disagree with Behr and Wylo to pull into this thread a topic disruptively immaterial to another thread and jaw it out. Heck, you don't have to know, agree, or disagree with me, either... Ah, but I digress...

Reactions: 1 person
This is great! We will have fun in this on a daily basis.

Ask away, Behr....

This is great! We will have fun in this on a daily basis.

Ask away, Behr....

I don't really have anything specifically for you, at the moment.

I do have something that gets brought up every once in awhile that I'd like to get some thoughts on. Obviously I have some thoughts and opinions on it.

Post counts and likes separately, and post-like ratio.

Do people really get into that? I see people bring it up as they are trying to dis someone, but usually I don't even think twice about it.

Hell I am trying to use the like button more, but on my phone when I hit like, it sends me back to the top of the thread. That pisses me off so I end up not hitting like as much as I'd.....err....like.

Yea, it's usually the same few that bring it up. It was brought up in two separate exchanges between me and two separate posters. I wanted to respond, but didn't. This thread would have been great then.

Yea, it's usually the same few that bring it up. It was brought up in two separate exchanges between me and two separate posters. I wanted to respond, but didn't. This thread would have been great then.

It's here now, my friend.

Do people really get into that? I see people bring it up as they are trying to dis someone, but usually I don't even think twice about it.

Hell I am trying to use the like button more, but on my phone when I hit like, it sends me back to the top of the thread. That pisses me off so I end up not hitting like as much as I'd.....err....like.

:lolabove:

Dangnabbit! Now, I'm checkin' out everybody's post/like ration. It's become virtual decolletage!

It's here now, my friend.

I guess another reason I've never discussed it is it's hard to explain. I'll try tho.

I like seeing the "likes" in the posts. I'm not interested in the cumulative totals under our avatars. Most of the time I'm interested in the likes I get for a particular post, just so I know someone "got it".

For example. People crack me up when someone starts a thread with just a players name. I opened one of those threads and the first 5-6 posts were complaining about the title. One guys comment was something like "dude, I almost had a heart attack, don't scare me like that". I responded "Mufasa". Not 1 like. I assumed no one got it. Sucked.

I am not surprised that Wylo has a 0.952 like/post average. You are now my top pick for message board fantasy league, Wylo. :thumbsup:

I am surprised that Behr has amassed only 3,639 likes after 35,692 posts. Admittedly, Behr's humor is in another hallway than "pull my finger," but I find that an endearing quality.

I am not surprised that Wylo has a 0.952 like/post average. You are now my top pick for message board fantasy league, Wylo. :thumbsup:

Sell high! It can only get worse.

Trade me for Behr, Butchna, and probably either Count, Fade, or Catbone...

Let the other guy suffer with the inevitable slump.

I guess another reason I've never discussed it is it's hard to explain. I'll try tho.

I like seeing the "likes" in the posts. I'm not interested in the cumulative totals under our avatars. Most of the time I'm interested in the likes I get for a particular post, just so I know someone "got it".

For example. People crack me up when someone starts a thread with just a players name. I opened one of those threads and the first 5-6 posts were complaining about the title. One guys comment was something like "dude, I almost had a heart attack, don't scare me like that". I responded "Mufasa". Not 1 like. I assumed no one got it. Sucked.

I understand that. I have had some funny ones in my head that never played out the way I envisioned. Lol

Dangnabbit! Now, I'm checkin' out everybody's post/like ration. It's become virtual decolletage!

Yea and it doest matter, but I think it's interesting.

I had over 33,000 posts and around 900 likes back in August (16). 99.9% of both were in the Endzone. Likes aren't given here like in the FF.

Some use that to judge the quality of poster you are. Dumb or not, it happens. Even I catch myself do it sometimes, ands it's not reliable.

One of the most liked post I've had was 20 something. It contained two words "blow me". If I posted only in the FF and threw out "haymakers ", would that make me a quality poster?

I am surprised that Behr has amassed only 3,639 likes after 35,692 posts. Admittedly, Behr's humor is in another hallway than "pull my finger," but I find that an endearing quality.

Wylo post mostly in the FF where likes are plentiful. No offense Wylo, you deserve most of them. :) But that makes a difference.

It's also worth considering likes were just started a couple of years ago. I think I had around 30,000 then. With that in mind, Wylo would probably have the best ratio of anyone, or most anyway.

Wylo post mostly in the FF where likes are plentiful. No offense Wylo, you deserve most of them. :) But that makes a difference.

It's also worth considering likes were just started a couple of years ago. I think I had around 30,000 then. With that in mind, Wylo would probably have the best ratio of anyone, or most anyway.

None taken. I never really even thought about likes, except for the few times I wanted people to get the punchline. Lol

I always laugh when someone rips me in the ff. They get about 4-6 likes per post dogging me. That's the best way to pad the likes. Come on and take a run at me.

VN Store

Back