How to Talk to Your Wife About Term Life Insurance?

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
So, my wife got a new job and they have a term life insurance benefit we can take advantage of. My wife maxed out on me at $100k and only did like 1/3 of what she can do on herself at $100k (and the premiums are cheaper for her).

When I did this with my old job I took the max they allowed on both of us ($200k and $30k).

When we were talking about it yesterday, I was starting to feel weird about what she might think if I press too hard...like a "you planning on being alone?" kinda reaction....but then I was thinking, "wait, she's the adamant one about paying more for the same on me. why is she so hard core?"

On a scale of 1-10, how worried should I be about getting poisoned?

pretty low, but you should probably handle this with kit gloves. I would try the argument to get her to spend on herself what she is spending on you. and say something like you feel bad of taking advantage of her rates or something. and that she deserves/should spend at least as much on herself as she does on you. It will make you feel better etc etc.

jmo, imo. big grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 person
I have $350,000 on me that I pay. Work pays for $100,00, and the accident insurance I have through all state carries another $50,000. My wife has no clue other than I have it, and the numbers to call if I were to die😁😁😁 I'm scared to tell her how much I'm worth dead, and that doesn't include double if it's an accident.

I have a $750k policy and my wife has $250k. I often think my food tastes funny

I'm not insurable as I'm married to a redhead and am therefore in a very high risk category.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back