My Journey to Alaska and back....again (and other Army/life adventures)

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
Officially began yesterday. Rented a 26' U-Haul. Ended up having to rent a 5'x8' trailer to tow behind the Tacoma.

I'm authorized 11,000 lbs. for household goods. We came in at 10,640.

We will be leaving Savannah tomorrow. I'll post pics along the way. We're headed thru Atlanta, Nashville, St. Louis, and Kansas City. Then along the Nebraska, Iowa border into South Dakota. From there we'll be onto Wyoming and then crossing into Canada via Montana. All told, it should end up being 4,802 miles.

All with 2 dogs and a 17 month old. This will be one hell of an interesting trip.

Last edited:
I have extreme cold weather boots, does that count?

0819.gif

Officially began yesterday. Rented a 26' U-Haul. Ended up having to rent a 5'x8' trailer to tow behind the Tacoma.

We will be leaving Savannah tomorrow. I'll post pics along the way. We're headed thru Atlanta, Nashville, St. Louis, and Kansas City. Then along the Nebraska, Iowa border into South Dakota. From there we'll be onto Wyoming and then crossing into Canada via Montana. All told, it should end up being 4,802 miles.

All with 2 dogs and a 17 month old. This will be one hell of an interesting trip.

Wow. Be safe Yankee.

Safe travels, Yank ! After meeting you it's harder to tell you stfu but I'm glad this thread is almost over.
Still kind of hope you get eaten by a Grizzly though.

Reactions: rocytop2624

Make sure that rig is running good. You'll be in no man's land with very few exits. Wave to my godson when you go through Montana. You going through Bozeman and on over to Butte before heading north.

good luck Yank

Once you get on jump status in Alaska, keep those feet and knees together..

I'm proud of your service

Safe trip, Yank. Pics will be nice along with blogging adventures and/or misadventures along the way.

VN Store

Back