3383 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Ask Behr anything food related thread. within the forum The Endzone. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
VIF
Bring me a beer, NOW!

Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread
Ask Behr anything food related thread

Behr, RV is cooking a prime rib for Christmas dinner along with shrimp and lobster. She has never done a prime rib before and asked me to ask you for your suggestions and expertise. The prime rib is for 6-8 people. Can you post a recipe/guide for her to follow?
Thanks my friend. (I hope you are not embarrassed by this thread cause we value your skills)
Old 12-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
ImTheCrew

Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread
Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread
Veggies and bread?
Old 12-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
possumslayer

Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread
Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIF View Post
Behr, RV is cooking a prime rib for Christmas dinner along with shrimp and lobster. She has never done a prime rib before and asked me to ask you for your suggestions and expertise. The prime rib is for 6-8 people. Can you post a recipe/guide for her to follow?
Thanks my friend. (I hope you are not embarrassed by this thread cause we value your skills)
what times dinner??
Sound great! Low heat slow cook in an inch or two of white wine.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Old 12-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
theFallGuy
The Nihilist

Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread
holycrap possum, that avatar is freakish!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
possumslayer

Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by theFallGuy View Post
holycrap possum, that avatar is freakish!
he's just smiling for the camera...lulz
Old 12-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
possumslayer

Vif,do not serve baked Doritos at the dinner party! They suck!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
farmersdaughter
im not dickens

Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread
Im going to VIF's for supper
Old 12-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #8
TEX_VOLFAN
Laaayed Back!!!

Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread
Is possum good eating?
Old 12-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
wildnkrazykat

Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread
crunch baked doritos and roll the primerib in it for a crunchy crust
Sure, girls from New York, they are tough. And girls from Georgia, they are sweet. But those born and bred feisty Kentucky girls, they are the ones you have to look out for. We have sugar and fire in our blood. We can ride a horse, be a débutante, throw a left hook and tell you the entire UK line up all while making sweet tea. And if we have an opinion, you get to know it. We're both the pride and the downfall of the bluegrass...
Old 12-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #10
Behr
Love ya buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIF View Post
No problem. Tell RV I said thanks for thinking about me.

At what temp and how long it stays in the oven obviously depends on how big it is. If it's for 6-8 people I'm guessing it'll be a 8-10 lb. rib.

I like to completely cover it with sea salt, crack some fresh black pepper (about 4 tbsp), about 3-4 tbsp of granulated garlic and cover with fresh rosemary.

Put the rib on some kind of a rack and put it on a pan with at least an inch lip. Pour just enough water in the pan to cover the bottom (so the drippings don't burn).

An 8-10 lb. rib should be good for 3 hrs at 250 degrees. (120 internal degrees= rare, 130 = MR). It will continue to cook after you pull it out to rest.

If you don't have one, get a meat thermometer.

Obviously save the drippings for au jus.

I like straight horseradish, but some prefer a sauce. Horseradish, sour cream and a touch of worcestershire works pretty good.

Hope that helps and I didn't forget anything.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #11
possumslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX_VOLFAN View Post
Is possum good eating?
scrape off the fat ,real good!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #12
VIF
Bring me a beer, NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behr1213 View Post
No problem. Tell RV I said thanks for thinking about me.

At what temp and how long it stays in the oven obviously depends on how big it is. If it's for 6-8 people I'm guessing it'll be a 8-10 lb. rib.

I like to completely cover it with sea salt, crack some fresh black pepper (about 4 tbsp), about 3-4 tbsp of granulated garlic and cover with fresh rosemary.

Put the rib on some kind of a rack and put it on a pan with at least an inch lip. Pour just enough water in the pan to cover the bottom (so the drippings don't burn).

An 8-10 lb. rib should be good for 3 hrs at 250 degrees. (120 internal degrees= rare, 130 = MR). It will continue to cook after you pull it out to rest.

If you don't have one, get a meat thermometer.

Obviously save the drippings for au jus.

I like straight horseradish, but some prefer a sauce. Horseradish, sour cream and a touch of worcestershire works pretty good.

Hope that helps and I didn't forget anything.
Thanks man. Printing it out now. RV will be very happy. This in turn makes me happy. You da man Behr!
Old 12-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #13
The Ron Mexico
Bird Law Expert

Behr -
Why does greasy food make my bowels turn against me? By turn against me I mean, it feels like I'm pissing scalding hot water out of my ass.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #14
Behr
Love ya buddy!

Ron -

Usually when you eat greasy foods, you eat a lot, the combination of two or more greasy and fatty foods causes diarrhea. For example, if a person eats bacon and has a cup of milk or milk shakes with it, it can cause diarrhea. It is also possible that you may have gallbladder diseases.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and I'm not a f'ng doctor.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #15
NewToVolCountry
Bring Back Lane

Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread Ask Behr anything food related thread
Behr, what is the best way to heat up bagel bites? Microwave or the oven?
Closed Thread