Ask Behr anything food related thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIF

Bring me a beer, NOW!
Behr, RV is cooking a prime rib for Christmas dinner along with shrimp and lobster. She has never done a prime rib before and asked me to ask you for your suggestions and expertise. The prime rib is for 6-8 people. Can you post a recipe/guide for her to follow?
Thanks my friend. (I hope you are not embarrassed by this thread cause we value your skills):thumbsup:

Behr, RV is cooking a prime rib for Christmas dinner along with shrimp and lobster. She has never done a prime rib before and asked me to ask you for your suggestions and expertise. The prime rib is for 6-8 people. Can you post a recipe/guide for her to follow?
Thanks my friend. (I hope you are not embarrassed by this thread cause we value your skills):thumbsup:

what times dinner??
Sound great! Low heat slow cook in an inch or two of white wine.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Vif,do not serve baked Doritos at the dinner party! They suck!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No problem. Tell RV I said thanks for thinking about me.

At what temp and how long it stays in the oven obviously depends on how big it is. If it's for 6-8 people I'm guessing it'll be a 8-10 lb. rib.

I like to completely cover it with sea salt, crack some fresh black pepper (about 4 tbsp), about 3-4 tbsp of granulated garlic and cover with fresh rosemary.

Put the rib on some kind of a rack and put it on a pan with at least an inch lip. Pour just enough water in the pan to cover the bottom (so the drippings don't burn).

An 8-10 lb. rib should be good for 3 hrs at 250 degrees. (120 internal degrees= rare, 130 = MR). It will continue to cook after you pull it out to rest.

If you don't have one, get a meat thermometer.

Obviously save the drippings for au jus.

I like straight horseradish, but some prefer a sauce. Horseradish, sour cream and a touch of worcestershire works pretty good.

Hope that helps and I didn't forget anything.

No problem. Tell RV I said thanks for thinking about me.

At what temp and how long it stays in the oven obviously depends on how big it is. If it's for 6-8 people I'm guessing it'll be a 8-10 lb. rib.

I like to completely cover it with sea salt, crack some fresh black pepper (about 4 tbsp), about 3-4 tbsp of granulated garlic and cover with fresh rosemary.

Put the rib on some kind of a rack and put it on a pan with at least an inch lip. Pour just enough water in the pan to cover the bottom (so the drippings don't burn).

An 8-10 lb. rib should be good for 3 hrs at 250 degrees. (120 internal degrees= rare, 130 = MR). It will continue to cook after you pull it out to rest.

If you don't have one, get a meat thermometer.

Obviously save the drippings for au jus.

I like straight horseradish, but some prefer a sauce. Horseradish, sour cream and a touch of worcestershire works pretty good.

Hope that helps and I didn't forget anything.

Thanks man. Printing it out now. RV will be very happy. This in turn makes me happy. You da man Behr!:salute:

Behr -
Why does greasy food make my bowels turn against me? By turn against me I mean, it feels like I'm pissing scalding hot water out of my ass.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Ron -

Usually when you eat greasy foods, you eat a lot, the combination of two or more greasy and fatty foods causes diarrhea. For example, if a person eats bacon and has a cup of milk or milk shakes with it, it can cause diarrhea. It is also possible that you may have gallbladder diseases.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and I'm not a f'ng doctor.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Fry them, put some regular sugar, a little brown sugar and a tad of cinnamon in a paper bag, put the bites in the bag while they are still hot and shake.

Oven over microwave obviously.

If you were looking for a smart ass answer, I've got one.

Fry them, put some regular sugar, a little brown sugar and a tad of cinnamon in a paper bag, put the bites in the bag while they are still hot and shake.

Oven over microwave obviously.

If you were looking for a smart ass answer, I've got one.

Haha, that sounds interesting. Have you ever done that? Yeah, I was playing. Hate them microwaved, straight up nasty.

Not bagels but I've done it with biscuits. Used a pill bottle to cut a hole in the middle, little homemade donuts. Kids have fun making them and really like them.

Haha, you don't know what bagel bites are, I guess.

bagel-bites.jpg

You would be correct.

You could have said Pizza Bagel Bites.

Hahaha. Never seen them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back