I Remember.......

Slydell

Pancho
5 cent Cokes from a vending machine. We used to make badges with the caps. The caps had cork on the inside. You would separate the cork from the cap, place the cork on the inside of your shirt and press the cap over it from the outside of your shirt.

Memories, anyone?

Sly= the Bo Whaley of VN.

But I remember walking to Fowler's market and getting Black Jack gum and one of the old short fat glass bottles of A&W.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I remember being sick as a kid and sitting in a steaming hot room, then going outside wrapped in a blanket and sit with my mom for a while. I miss the good ol days

A southern belle can make a vowel last longer than the NBA playoffs, a filibuster, or a root canal.

Everybody has good old days (or goodle days as the late great John Hartford called them). They're certainly not reserved for us old farts.

Any burn, rash, itch, scrape was healed with tea and Bag Balm. I still swear by Bag Balm, wife thinks I'm a hillbilly
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I remember when Michael Jackson was a black dude.
I remember when country music songs all had a steel guitar.
I remember getting my butt whipped by people I didn't even know for acting stupid at the grocery store, that person finding my mom or grandmother and then getting another one from her and she thanking the other person.
I remember riding my bike all over the place and if it was getting dark or starting to rain somebody with a pickup putting me and my bike in the truck and bringing me home.
I remember getting home from school, doing my homework and chores then going outside to play and not coming back inside until supper. And if the streetlights were on and I wasn't home, my tail was getting a belt across it.
I remember walking to the drugstore for an ice cream cone that cost a quarter.
I remember going to the show for $1.
I remember learning something in school other than how to pass a standardized test.
I remember discipline in school and at home.
I remember having only 3 channels on TV.
I remember AM radios, FM converters and 8 tracks.
I remember record players.
I remember pong, Atari, Intellivision, Commodore 64.
I remember 5 1/4" floppy disks.
I remember going hunting in the morning before school and having the gun in the back window of the truck and it not being a big deal.
I remember sharpening my pencil with my pocket knife at school and it not being a big deal.

Last edited:
I can remember gravel and\or dirt roads, wooden framed School Buses, Horse drawn peddler wagons with goods to sell and trade and the Harlem Globetrotters coming to my School gymnasium that still had Curly and Meadow lark lemon has members.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
(Remember) walking in the sand
(Remember) walking hand in hand
(Remember) walking in the sand

I remember the Sunday morning Cas Walker TV Show with the Reverend and Mrs. Mull. Dolly Parton was on there a lot as a young girl. Porter Wagoner was on there a lot too. Oh did I mention black and white tv?

Ain't that right, Mrs. Mull? Still had three channel at that time, on the black and white Admiral TV.

I remember random, rambling, boring conversations with my Mom and Dad when I was younger. Wish I could have those back.

VN Store

Back