Scot Loeffler (merged)

RichCity VOL

I am new to the site and was wondering how you guys feel about Scot Loeffler. He was the qb coach at Michigan this year. The rumor is Ryan Mallett transferring he may follow Loeffler to UT. Just an idea ...

Nothing is written in stone yet and Loeffler is a good candidate, but as an OC would be a bad hire. Whoever is brought on board is going to have to get approval from Fulmer on the assistant hirings they want. Loeffler as the QB's coach is a real possibility since Carr and Fulmer are good friends.

Unless Loeffler's bringing Tom Brady with him, I'm not all that interested in him becoming the OC at Tennessee.

Not sure about Loeffler, but Mallet is not happy in Michigan. Wasn't happy with the new offense that's coming in, and has hated the Michigan weather. That is coming from one of his family members. I know Arkansas was mentioned as a possible destination for him.

Not sure about Loeffler, but Mallet is not happy in Michigan. Wasn't happy with the new offense that's coming in, and has hated the Michigan weather. That is coming from one of his family members. I know Arkansas was mentioned as a possible destination for him.

I don't want any players that stupid.

I don't want any players that stupid.

whatever man, I'm just relaying info from his family. You know as well as I do that when you're not happy(i.e. getting a new offense that doesn't exactly fit a 6'7" pocket passer) it's the little things that wear on you even more. And when you're from TX and go up to Michigan and see snow ice and freezing temps that might just be the thing to do it. Personally I'm loving reading the fact that we might have a chance with him. How many d linemen are going to bat down a 6'7" qb's passes? Not to mention he has an absolute gun for an arm.

whatever man, I'm just relaying info from his family. You know as well as I do that when you're not happy(i.e. getting a new offense that doesn't exactly fit a 6'7" pocket passer) it's the little things that wear on you even more. And when you're from TX and go up to Michigan and see snow ice and freezing temps that might just be the thing to do it. Personally I'm loving reading the fact that we might have a chance with him. How many d linemen are going to bat down a 6'7" qb's passes? Not to mention he has an absolute gun for an arm.
You sure do know alot, first you have the "inside" source on the hiring of the OC. Now you know the family of Ryan Mallet.

Here's the problem. As an OC candidate, hell no. As a QB coach candidate, it could work. If we land Cignetti, he will likely take QBs as well, though.

I have no beef with someone that hates sucky weather. Just with someone that chooses to go there and uses that as a complaint.

Does he not know geography? Don't you think he knew from the get go he was going from the southern US to to Northern? I would assume he knew it would get quite a big colder there.

You sure do know alot, first you have the "inside" source on the hiring of the OC. Now you know the family of Ryan Mallet.

Well, I was talking to the Manning family and apparently Peyton had a child back in '91 and will be coming to UT real soon!

so Mallet's going to go from ice and snow to crips and bloods? wow.

Wow. I remember watching him in the Army game. He was easily the most impressive QB on the field that day. I bet Pryor ends up in Michigan with RR.

VN Store

Back