Reggie Cobb returns....

Good video. I love the smash mouth run style of football we once had and I hope it returns very soon with some of the rb recruits we've pulled in.

That brings back some good memories (and some not so good...1988) from my days as a student '86-'89. Cobb and Webb were something else....

That brings back some good memories (and some not so good...1988) from my days as a student '86-'89. Cobb and Webb were something else....

In the future i am going to upload Webb's Ole Miss game from 1989.

They had to be the best RB combo that we ever had at Tennessee. To bad that Cobb couldnt stay off of drugs and Webb had knee problems. They were both unbelievable.

Cobb was one of the smoothest runners, I have ever watch. He seemed to be in the same gear all the time.

Cobb was one of the smoothest runners, I have ever watch. He seemed to be in the same gear all the time.

Yes, he was running great, but I'm pretty sure I could walk through some of those holes wow!!! that was back when we actually told the OL to block!!!

Yes, he was running great, but I'm pretty sure I could walk through some of those holes wow!!! that was back when we actually told the OL to block!!!

In the video i compiled this from, Charles McRae forces a fumble against Colorado State.

One of the all time greats.

Cobb Webb

Is it me or did linemen look skinny back then.

awesome to see the QB turn around after some of thoser sweep pitches and take out a LBer

LOL

I loved the way the OL just blew the defense off the ball and Cobb would hit the line wide open and take whatever holes that he could find open. I am hoping that is what our offense is getting back to. After watching the O&W game, all of our backs are definitely hitting the holes with a lot more speed and power than I have seen in years.

Great stuff...great blocking plus one cut and downhill...Cobb was so explosive...love to see that come back this fall...thanks for posting

In the future i am going to upload Webb's Ole Miss game from 1989.

Great idea. It'll bring back some memories for those of us old enough to remember Chuck. Plus it will expose some of these younger guys to one of the best RBs to ever come through UT.:eek:k:

Great idea. It'll bring back some memories for those of us old enough to remember Chuck. Plus it will expose some of these younger guys to one of the best RBs to ever come through UT.:eek:k:

I don't currently have it in my possession but i am working on having it in the near future.

Good clips. But no sign of the 80 yarder against Auburn in '89. CBS or some other network got a lock on that one?

VN Store

Back