Tennessee Bowl flashback

So little disrespect for the classics! I'm bumping this back to the top.

Thanks for sharing, Dave1967!

Reactions: 1 person
Does anyone know if the Clemson game from 1974 is online anywhere? One of my favorite games of all time.

Does anyone know if the Clemson game from 1974 is online anywhere? One of my favorite games of all time.

I had a $5 ticket to that game and it was one of the best games ever in Neyland. Only 55,000
In attendance. I thought that big TE they had named Benny Cunningham was the largest FB player in the world. Condrege was a magician that day as was Larry Sievers.

Reactions: 2 people
Randy White playing that game or was he earlier?

He was a monstrous linebacker that Tommy West couldn't block all night. RW on a screen pass knocked out Condredge Holloway then chased Larry Sievers 40 yards down the field and tackled him. He was a backup to Lee Roy Jordan at LB on the 1975 and 1976 Cowboys before they turned him into a defensive tackle.

Reactions: 2 people
#2 Miami vs. #8 Tennessee 1986 - Sugar Bowl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVt0veZO_4c

I love this one!

Battle of New Orleans 1986 Sugar Bowl song
http://youtu.be/23iaMmti_nk

I was a freshman in college at the time and went with my girlfriend and her family to her uncle's house to watch the game. Her dad was putting money on the it and taking the Canes -8/12.... I told him he was crazy so he decided to bet me my pants vs his pants for the drive home.

He and his brother had several beers during the game and then the chump tried to get out of the bet. He said if you want them off you come and take them off.....he didn't think I'd do it, but that bastard rode home in the freezing cold in his Fruit of The Looms. It's a shame wee didn't have iPhones back then

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
You clearly didn't watch that whole video because nobody was calling that game.

I was waiting for Charlie Chaplin to make an appearance.

So what you're saying is they paid Cosell and an entire ABC crew to do the pregame and then not talk during the game? Dolt.

Wow, that would be amazing.

I knew a Lady who was a Clemson fan and she had a collector coke bottle that was made to honor the 1974 Clemson team. They were honored for going 7-4,the first winning season since 1966.

VN Store

Back