1966 Gator Bowl

allvol

Eternally Optimistic
Here is a sample of the DVD case cover...

Attachments

• 1966_SYRACUSE dvd COVER_DISPLAY.jpg
    1966_SYRACUSE dvd COVER_DISPLAY.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 39
These are the most recent "old" games that I have gotten:

1966 Gator Bowl Syracuse vs. Tennessee
174m ABC-TV Chris Schenkel+Bud Wilkerson
(Tennessee wins 18-12. Vols led 18-0 at the half only to hang on against Larry Csonka and Flyod Little.)

1968 Orange Bowl Oklahoma vs.Tennessee
187m ABC-TV Jim Simpson+Kyle Rote
(Tennessee rally comes up short as the possible game winning field goal sailed wide as time expired. The Vols lost 24-26.)

9/14/68 Georgia-Tennessee
116m Game film and mostly ABC-TV Chris Schenkel,Bud Wilkerson
(First game on the "rug." The Vols come back to tie game in the final seconds, 17-17.)

10/19/68 Alabama-Tennesee
127m Game Film and mostly ABC-TV Keith Jackson,Bud Wilkerson
(Vols win 10-9)

1971 Sugar Bowl Tennesee-Air Force Academy
173m NBC-TV
(Vols roll to 34-13 victory to finish 11-1 on the season)

9/25/71 Auburn-Tennessee
70m 2nd half only Silent Game Film+narrated game film using ABC-TV audio
(Vols rally falls short as they lose to #5 Auburn 9-10.)

1971 Liberty Bowl Tennesee-Arkansas
105m first 17 minutes is silent film,rest is TV broadcast
(Vols score late to pull off the victory, 14-13)

I got them all on DVD (transferred from film w/ DVD recorder) and the picture quality looks great. I am going to go through them all and add menus and chapter stops. I'll also create DVD covers.

The reason that some games are not complete are that the old game broadcasts used to be sent to the military and the rolls of film were preserved. Where some games are incomplete, its because one or more of the rolls were lost. Football archivists have dug up 35mm coaches and fan films and reedited them into the missing portions of the television broadcast. Some of them have audio dubbed (like John Ward) over the film portions.

Eventually, I'll have to see if old radio broadcasts with John Ward exist to add to the portions that have no sound.

(Tennessee wins 18-12. Vols led 18-0 at the half only to hang on against Larry Csonka and Flyod Little.)

(Tennessee rally comes up short as the possible game winning field goal sailed wide as time expired. The Vols lost 24-26.)

(First game on the "rug." The Vols come back to tie game in the final seconds, 17-17.)

(Vols win 10-9)

173m NBC-TV

9/25/71 Auburn-Tennessee

I got them all on DVD (transferred from film w/ DVD recorder) and the picture quality looks great. I am going to go through them all and add menus and chapter stops. I'll also create DVD covers.

The reason that some games are not complete are that the old game broadcasts used to be sent to the military and the rolls of film were preserved. Where some games are incomplete, its because one or more of the rolls were lost. Football archivists have dug up 35mm coaches and fan films and reedited them into the missing portions of the television broadcast. Some of them have audio dubbed (like John Ward) over the film portions.

Eventually, I'll have to see if old radio broadcasts with John Ward exist to add to the portions that have no sound.
Just curious, as a recent member to this VolNation site I just read your post about the old Tennessee games that you have on dvd & I have a question, are you copying & selling them? Can I get copies from you? Let me know. Thanks

Just curious, as a recent member to this VolNation site I just read your post about the old Tennessee games that you have on dvd & I have a question, are you copying & selling them? Can I get copies from you? Let me know. Thanks
I would also be interested in buying.

Its slow going for me. I've got the 66 Gator Bowl and 71 Liberty Bowl completed. However, I would not mind updating the 71 Liberty Bowl if anyone can come up with game audio.

I don't sell the DVDs but will make copies for anyone as long as they cover the costs of the discs, case, and shipping.

(Vols win 10-9)

173m NBC-TV

9/25/71 Auburn-Tennessee

Hi,

Any possiblity of you knowing where I could get copies of the 1966 Gator Bowl against Syracuse and the Orange Bowl against Oklahoma? I watched both those games on T.V. and would love copies of them!

Thanks, Mike

Its slow going for me. I've got the 66 Gator Bowl and 71 Liberty Bowl completed. However, I would not mind updating the 71 Liberty Bowl if anyone can come up with game audio.

I don't sell the DVDs but will make copies for anyone as long as they cover the costs of the discs, case, and shipping.
I will be glad to pay for 1 copy of each game that you have! Just email me with the cost and I'll get you the money.

Thanks!! Mike

I would be interested in getting some copies. Let me know what I need to do. Thanks.

. . .would love copies of the Gator Bowl against Syracuse and the Orange Bowl against Oklahoma! If you can email me at crosmanmj@comcast.net with the cost and your mailing address, I'll get you payment by money order or I can do Paypal!

Appreciate it!! GO VOLS

Mike

. . .would love copies of the Gator Bowl against Syracuse and the Orange Bowl against Oklahoma! If you can email me at crosmanmj@comcast.net with the cost and your mailing address, I'll get you payment by money order or I can do Paypal!

Appreciate it!! GO VOLS

Mike
To all,

I can help w/ one or two of those games. My '68 OB is seperated onto 2 dvds & a counter appears through out the footage near the bottom of the screen.
http://www.geocities.com/shmidee89/CollegeFootball.html
If I can help let me know.

I too would be interested in some of those that allvol has.

(Vols win 10-9)

173m NBC-TV

9/25/71 Auburn-Tennessee

how much are these tape my email is lhutchinson01@embarqmail.com i would like to buy them.

VN Store

Back