Tennessee vs. Ga Tech Tickets?

LargeOrange1

I live 45 minutes from the new Mercedes Benz stadium and really want to be at the game on September 4th. Does anyone have 2 extra tickets, at a decent price, they would sell? If not, can you suggest a good source? The tickets I see online from scalpers are outrageous. Any help would be appreciated. GO VOLS!!:)

According to reports, UT still has a lot of tickets still left out of their allotment

Georgia Tech has sold all 30,000 of their allotment

I believe Tennessee will open ticket sales up to the public once the season ticket holders are finished with their process. When we played NC State in Atlanta, I'm pretty sure I got my ticket from Tennessee in August.

According to reports, UT still has a lot of tickets still left out of their allotment

Did UT and GT get the same number of tickets or is this considered a home game for GT which is why the ticket was included in their season ticket package?

Did UT and GT get the same number of tickets or is this considered a home game for GT which is why the ticket was included in their season ticket package?

I'd say both teams will get the same amount. However, with the game in ATL and I'd say GT's allotment is closer to their season ticket holder number it made it a no-brainer to ensure their tickets are sold.

I've got flights...hotel...rental car booked...but, no tickets.

I'm banking on that tickets will be available and more plentiful closer to the game.

I'm banking on that tickets will be available and more plentiful closer to the game.

I would think so. Enjoy your trip.

It was included in their season ticket package and not Tennessee's for two reasons.

First, Georgia Tech was worried about being able to sell out their allotment, which would have been quite embarrassing seeing as how the game will take place two miles from their campus.

Second, and it's related to the first, GT has fewer season ticket holders than they had tickets to sell to the game. So by including them in the season ticket package, they still had additional tickets to sell to non-season ticket holders.

Tennessee can't do that. Tennessee has about 55,000 season tickets that are held by Tennessee Fund returning donors and grandfathered ticketholders. They'll sell another 15-20,000 to new Tennessee Fund donors or as non-renewable season tickets.

Dude....you've got "flights" booked and live in Atlanta? Did no one tell you the game is IN Atlanta?:blink:

Reactions: 3 people

Maybe it's because GA Tech fans don't have to go to a city 5 hours away (or get a hotel) for a game at 8 PM on a Monday night.

I live in Atlanta and am not going. These ticket prices are ridiculous. $200 + for the upper level. $300 for the corner of the end zone? No wonder hot dogs are only $2 its covered in the ticket prices. There are going to be a lot of empty seats at this game

Exactly what I have going on. Just waiting to get tickets cheaper (hopefully).

I live in Atlanta and am not going. These ticket prices are ridiculous. $200 + for the upper level. $300 for the corner of the end zone? No wonder hot dogs are only $2 its covered in the ticket prices. There are going to be a lot of empty seats at this game

You know that the ticket prices you are quoting are from scalpers and not face value, right?

FYI @AllVols Twitter just announced public sale for this game starts at 8:30 Eastern tomm morning.

Sorry for quoting myself...but, scored a couple tix online yesterday that were too good to pass up. ~20 yardline, upper deck...but row one and on the aisle, via an online service.

See everyone there! How 'BOUT Them VOLS!

VN Store

Back