Seats with a view?

VegasVolChick

I haven't been to Neyland Stadium since I graduated in '91, and I always got the free student tickets, so I have no idea what would be considered "good seats". My husband and I are going to the Florida game and since its been so long, would love some advice.
If we get tickets in the lower section, what row, or how high up would we need to be in order to actually "see" the game.
Thanks in advance!! GBO! VFL!!

The best seats for a good view in my opinion are in the upper deck. I never buy in the lower deck anymore. The best in the upper deck is the 1st row. I sat in EE last year and fell in love with that view.

Reactions: 1 person
The best seats for a good view in my opinion are in the upper deck. I never buy in the lower deck anymore. The best in the upper deck is the 1st row. I sat in EE last year and fell in love with that view.

I tend to like my lower level Row 25 seats :)

Reactions: 2 people

Agree. Sections AA-FF along the sideline in any row is perfect.

I'm a Neyland veteran. 30 years of season tickets. Like the Johnny Cash song, "I've Been Everywhere" (six locations). Every spot has its pluses and minuses: too close to the field, too far, to high up, bad angle, bleacher-type seats. Also, from a practical standpoint there is always: the varying cost of securing a seat! Obviously, ticket costs are predicated on supply/demand and then by the perceived 'best' location.

Watching games on TV has spoiled me over the years. Therefore, I want a a view similar to what I get from television. Since that view also represents the highest priced tickets, I have to assume that is where the demand is. In my experienced option, sideline between the 20's will please you. Anything lower than row 10 I would not recommend, due to interrupted field of vision. (I notice on ticket sites that row 1-3 are usually the highest priced, as if they are the BEST seats. They are NOT good seats, at all.)

Sorry for the wordy response---bottom line: My best advise is West sideline, between the 20's and no row in the single digits. If it's a night game, this location would apply to the East sideline, too.

Money is always a factor for me. It's early-on, but the prices I'm seeing for the UF game are astronomical for the seats I've suggested. In fact, Stub Hub has 189 seats listed with $326 each being the least expensive. I would wait as long as possible to purchase

You've been away so long, this is a really big deal for you guys. Best of luck. Go Vols.

Last edited:
We don't mind paying for the seats we want, especially since it has been so long, and who knows when we will get back. We paid too much for the OR/TN game a few years ago, but IMO the seats were worth every penny. I just wanna make sure we can actually "see" the game. So the advice regarding no single digit rows is appreciated.

You may not be able to get between the 20s, so wherever you sit, be sure you can see the Jumbotron. It adds a lot to be able to see replays, watch the fun stuff, etc. A few years ago we were in a section too high to see the Jumbotron. Did not realize how much it added to the game until "it wasn't there". Have fun!

Also...Stay out of the sun if possible, and I like to be under the upper deck just in case it rains or is blazing hot:).

Dear Vegas Vol Chick. Of course the best seats in the house IMO are on the West sideline behind our team. As a couple people have said. We have section T row 16 seats and they are absolutely fantastic with a great view of the field and are not so close that you have a obstructed view. I totally agree as we have sat in the single digit rows and unless that's what you like they do have some limitations. We have several pairs of tickets in sections S and T and as I said absolutely think these are the best that Neyland has to offer. If you are still looking for a pair for the Florida game we may have something that you would like. I can't promise they will be cheap as you've seen the prices and demand for tickets this year especially for the 2 big ones but if you are like us you don't mind spending more to have great seats. Please give me an email address and I can email you and see if one of the pairs that we are selling would fit. GO VOLS!!

Dear Vegas Vol Chick. Of course the best seats in the house IMO are on the West sideline behind our team. As a couple people have said. We have section T row 16 seats and they are absolutely fantastic with a great view of the field and are not so close that you have a obstructed view. I totally agree as we have sat in the single digit rows and unless that's what you like they do have some limitations. We have several pairs of tickets in sections S and T and as I said absolutely think these are the best that Neyland has to offer. If you are still looking for a pair for the Florida game we may have something that you would like. I can't promise they will be cheap as you've seen the prices and demand for tickets this year especially for the 2 big ones but if you are like us you don't mind spending more to have great seats. Please give me an email address and I can email you and see if one of the pairs that we are selling would fit. GO VOLS!!

You have 3 for Florida?

VN Store

Back