StubHub Bar Code Dilemma

bnguyen9674

Anyone ever ran into the issue of buying tickets on ebay and finding out that the tickets were also posted and sold on StubHub with their bar codes; thus, invalidating your set of tickets?

Just had this happen to me and never heard about it. Now it makes me wary about buying tickets online.

Just open a case on eBay. You should be able to get your money back.

The seller just told me. I guess it's better to find out now then when I am trying to get into the game and the tickets don't work.

I just didn't realize you could sell tickets this way through stub hub..thought it was all hard tickets.

Anyone ever ran into the issue of buying tickets on ebay and finding out that the tickets were also posted and sold on StubHub with their bar codes; thus, invalidating your set of tickets?

Just had this happen to me and never heard about it. Now it makes me wary about buying tickets online.

you just want to get in the stadium before the other buyer...then it is his problem!

Had bad stub hub tickets to a concert recently. They were printed and refunded 6 times, per the ticket office there. Front row seats and they were $$$! I'd be careful.

I've heard of this as well... Scary trend considering scalpers can now sale them online and then drop the unusable (Hard Copy) ones off on someone on the street.

I've heard of this as well... Scary trend considering scalpers can now sale them online and then drop the unusable (Hard Copy) ones off on someone on the street.

The manager at the TN Theater had an entire stack of bad tickets to the show. He said to always call the ticket office to confirm they hadn't been refunded/resold.

StubHub has a guarantee though don't they? Did they refund and find you comparable tickets to the event?

Wife and I went to a Widespread Panic show at Mud Island. I had won the tickets on the radio and we went. Pretty good seats about 10th row. A couple showed up and the guy said "Excuse me, but I think those are our seats." I asked if he minded showing me his tickets and sure enough, they were identical to ours. I told them, "Look, we got ours for free. You all take them." We moved on back and enjoyed the show - less pot smoke back there, anyway :)

StubHub has a guarantee though don't they? Did they refund and find you comparable tickets to the event?

The OP said he was stung on Ebay though -- Stubhub only replaces/refunds if the seller doesnt send the tickets.

They need to fix this by making the ticket holder decide initially, do you want hard tickets or electronic.

They need to fix this by making the ticket holder decide initially, do you want hard tickets or electronic.

They do but you can post them on stubhub by entering the barcodes and so if they sell on there the hard tickets bar codes are not valid. If you buy tickets you can try to list them on stubhub and it will tell you if they have been sold already on there.

They do but you can post them on stubhub by entering the barcodes and so if they sell on there the hard tickets bar codes are not valid. If you buy tickets you can try to list them on stubhub and it will tell you if they have been sold already on there.

Okay, is that the only website that can bite you like that?

Well it's not Stubhub's fault any time you can enter barcodes from hard copy tickets like you can for Tennessee Tickets you can be bit like that. The only 100% way to know your tickets haven't been done that way is to buy from stubhub or UT. If you buy off stubhub your barcodes are valid and the hard copy tickets are no longer valid.

I have sold some tickets on StubHub....but i did it thru the link on UTTIX ....you pick the ones you want to sell, and it links you to stubhub. Then, the purchaser of course, paper prints the ticket to get in the stadium. StubHub is way expensive for the seller though..

They did refund the purchase price, but it was a sold-out show. Thankfully, the manager got us some makeshift fold out seats, for which we paid full price. So, we went from front row to last row.... Not exactly comparable.

I have sold some tickets on StubHub....but i did it thru the link on UTTIX ....you pick the ones you want to sell, and it links you to stubhub. Then, the purchaser of course, paper prints the ticket to get in the stadium. StubHub is way expensive for the seller though..

I sold my USC ones through stub hub this year and they took $11off the top for the transaction. What I don't understand is the price a buyer sees. I guess stubhub is making money off their buying as well? I listed my USC tickets for $55 apiece. The listed price a buyer saw was around $66 and the price I was paid was $49.

I sold my USC ones through stub hub this year and they took $11off the top for the transaction. What I don't understand is the price a buyer sees. I guess stubhub is making money off their buying as well? I listed my USC tickets for $55 apiece. The listed price a buyer saw was around $66 and the price I was paid was $49.

The seller and buyer both acquire fees. That's why it's inflated after you determine what you want your payout to be.

VN Store

Back