Neyland Stadium Seating Advice (Best seat in the house)

VolFan_N_NC

5* Poster
I'm planning on coming back in for a few games this year, and I've picked the OK-TN game as the one that I want to get the best seats for.

Neyland is one of the most badass stadiums in all of CFB, so what is the best seat in the house?

If you had only one game that you could attend, where would you sit?

I'm planning on coming back in for a few games this year, and I've picked the OK-TN game as the one that I want to get the best seats for.

Neyland is one of the most badass stadiums in all of CFB, so what is the best seat in the house?

If you had only one game that you could attend, where would you sit?

What is your price range?

U or T because it is behind Tennessee bench and at least 48 rows or better so your out of sun and dry.

Sun won't be much of an issue this year since the first two are evening kick offs.

S and V are excellent when the line of scrimmage is at the south and north ends respectively.

Last edited:
My family has had seats in E for decades which is behind the students under the overhang. They are fun to be part of and you have a great view of the band and cheerleaders. After the game, the ball players come over there to be part of the Tennessee Waltz and of course, Rocky Top played numerous times after a win. Nothing like it!

Another question I have is, is it better to be a little bit off the field (row 20 and back), or will I still get a full view of the field being down below row 10?

I do not like sitting right on the field... it can be very difficult to see across the field or to the endzones. Anything above 8-10 should be good.

With that price range, I would try to get some Tennessee Terrace tickets in the first few rows. You get real fold-down seats, significantly-upgraded bathrooms, and improved/indoor concessions with no wait.

Another note: remember that the west sideline gets the shade. We are in D, under the overhang, but we still get direct sun for a couple of hours before sunset.

I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to buying tickets to the games, bc usually I just take whatever is given to me, or whatever I can get.

How do I specifically find Tennessee Terrace tickets? That all sounds amazing and it would be an easy up-sale to my wife bc of the bathrooms alone.

Also, are there certain sections I should avoid bc of the "sit down crowd"?

I get really hyped for Tennessee games, (probably a little too much, if that's possible) and I don't want to have to deal with someone telling me to sit down every time a big play happens.

Also, are there certain sections I should avoid bc of the "sit down crowd"?

I get really hyped for Tennessee games, (probably a little too much, if that's possible) and I don't want to have to deal with someone telling me to sit down every time a big play happens.

Is steer clear of sections R-W if that's a concern. That's certainly not to say everyone there is like that, but those are the highest dollar seats aside from the Clubs/Terrace, so there's going to be a lot of older folks in that part of the stadium.

I have season tickets in D row 7 that I may need to unload if I don't get back from deployment in time. I happen to think they're quite good.

Many people would disagree, but my preference is AA-FF, doesn't matter which row. I have season tix in FF row 21 against the club or suite level, and I wouldn't trade them for any lower level seats. You get a great view of everything.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to buying tickets to the games, bc usually I just take whatever is given to me, or whatever I can get.

How do I specifically find Tennessee Terrace tickets? That all sounds amazing and it would be an easy up-sale to my wife bc of the bathrooms alone.

They should be advertised as such. Terrace, sections 1-7. They really are great seats.

I have 2 Tennessee Terrace seats available for Oklahoma, T-2 row C. $1000 for the pair.
You will be hard pressed to beat those seats at ANY price.

Someone mentioned something like row 20. Be careful. In the lower deck, row 20 is about the break point. Below is fine. Sideline views are good even down low. Endzones are tougher. However, row 20 and just above will have constant people walking in front of you. It gets frustrating. I had row 21 a few years back and quickly changed the following year. That was an upgrade that turned out to be a downgrade. Higher number seats (not the row, just the seat) are on the north end of the row in the west side. Hence lower number in U and higher in T will be the 50ish yard line. UT is the prime choice for a reason.

I have 2 Tennessee Terrace seats available for Oklahoma, T-2 row C. $1000 for the pair.

These are about as prime as you will find. You have to donate your mothers soul to just be able to purchase these tix...
If you can afford these only a fool would pass them up...

Only thing that beats Terrace tickets is the Club, but those are very rare to find. If money is no object and you want the best experience go for the Terrace!

I would sit in the Terrace or R-W row 19, its a chairback seat and no one is behind you because of the walk way so you wouldn't have to worry about the sit down crowd when I sat there I stood whenever I wanted. Though for Oklahoma its going to be crazy the sit down crowd is going to be way out numbered. I sit in W and there is a few sit down people but at the Florida game last year we stood almost the entire game and there was nothing anyone could do about it. Though I think the Terrace would be a little tougher if you want to stand a ton, I could see it being a sit down crowd.

There is some on stubhub for $524 each in T box 19 if you can afford that, those are definitely the ones you should buy, 40-50 yard line box seats with no one right behind you, very easy to concessions and bathrooms.

I would sit in the Terrace or R-W row 19, its a chairback seat and no one is behind you because of the walk way so you wouldn't have to worry about the sit down crowd when I sat there I stood whenever I wanted. Though for Oklahoma its going to be crazy the sit down crowd is going to be way out numbered. I sit in W and there is a few sit down people but at the Florida game last year we stood almost the entire game and there was nothing anyone could do about it. Though I think the Terrace would be a little tougher if you want to stand a ton, I could see it being a sit down crowd.
Where bouts are you in w. I sit on row 24

This is great info. I'm looking at buying the tickets this weekend.

Myersvol - by any chance do you have any pictures from your seat? Just curious to get a glimpse before dropping a G. haha

VN Store

Back