Official Scalping Thread (tips)

PeytonBerry

I like many have had a lot of success scalping tickets for ballgames. In fact, I have never "not" been able to buy tickets off the street at a better value.

I went to the USC game last Saturday, and paid $50/each for a pair of tix from a coworker. Though it may have been a fair price (I saw a lot go for more), we saw people selling tickets outside the stadium for less than $20/piece easy.

In 2010, we went to the Vandy game in Nashville, held up 2 fingers for a few minutes, and someone gave us two tickets for free.

Maybe this kind of information would be useful for people like myself who want to support the team, but can't afford what most are asking (especially with my kids). This isn't to complain about current posters and their asking price. If people are willing/able to pay that much, more power to the seller. I just thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can share tips on how to find good tickets at a bargain.

I've seen nothing but outrageous prices for home games this year. People even jacking up prices for UK and Missouri.

Don't buy from people holding signs that say "I need tickets". Buy from fans that are trying to sell their tickets. I got 2 Bama lower level for $60 total. 2 Utah State tickets lower for $80 total. Both of these I bought from a Dad and his son, and an older gentlemen.

VN Store

Back