The Minister of Defense
Defensive tackle
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Hendersonville

Ht:6'4"
Wt:250 lbs
GPA:2.8
Class:2011 (High School)

Joseph Townsend has been very productive for the Commandos during the past two seasons as he has put up huge numbers, a feat which defensive tackles rarely accomplish. During the past two seasons, Townsend has had 119 tackles, 14 quarterback hurries, 11 tackles for loss, 1 sack, 5 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recoveries.

"I bring intensity and leadership. I've been playing the game my entire life. I have a good feel for it. I just feel comfortable out there on the football field," said Townsend.

"They're all looking at me on the defensive line. I'm not sure if they'll want me to play inside or move to the outside at defensive end," stated Townsend. "This summer, I plan on going to camps at MTSU, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, and Western Kentucky." Justin Angel
TnVarsity.com

I live in H'ville and was a Commando myself back in the day. I have not seen this kid play, but will go check out a few games this year, see what's up with him......

I didnt go to Hendersonville though, graduated from Father Ryan in 88.

You're a little ahead of me.... I graduated from Hendersonville in '94.... Had a few friends that went to Father Ryan, though.....

I went to Beech and live off Long Hollow. I work at Lakeside Park Elem every day. Small world.

Vandy's Townsend the primary link between Franklin, Mason eras | FOX Sports

New national article on Joe on Fox Sports. With 32 knockdown blocks and 21 blocks that led to either a first down or touchdown, he's getting a lot of recognition.

Vandy and Franklin really lucked out here. Joe's always had a mean streak and one of the highest motors I've ever seen. Now getting the recognition as probably the best center in the SEC and on the Rimington Trophy watch list for the best center in the country.

Really a shame Dooley's staff didn't really take much time out to evaluate him as he was on the Tennesseans "Dandy Dozen" for the top 12 prospects in Middle TN.

We could've really used him and Jelks this year.. Just goes to show how important in-state relationships are with the high schools.

Reactions: 3 people
Oskie says "didn't need him...we got Posey"

Derek Dooley is like herpes just when you think you got rid of him he pops up again....

I think crowder will be fine but we could have used Jelks about now. Too bad Jelks is a douche

Never fear infected citizen!

SMALL PRINT: nevermakedirecteyecontactwithherpespersonorangefantaingestioninconjunctionwithvantaxmaycauserectalbleedingifgenitalwartsoccur YOUSE NASTY!!!ifyouaretakingthismedicationyouanastyskankorskankmongerandaregetting WHAT YOU DESERVE!!! Please donate to UNCF

VN Store

Back