JEOFFREYPAGAN2_3150.JPG

Weakside defensive end
Asheville, North Carolina
Asheville

* Ht:6'4"
* Wt:250 lbs
* 40:4.63 secs
* Class:2011 (High School)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Jeoffrey-Pagan-Highlights-2-59386;_ylt=AnPe4yMmf6DTvYtBH9knNyipt5B4

Clemson Medium Offered
Duke Medium Offered
Florida Medium Offered
Georgia Medium Offered
North Carolina Medium Offered
North Carolina State Medium Offered
South Carolina Medium Offered
Tennessee Medium None
Virginia Tech Medium Offered

Didn't see a thread for him, thought with his offer list he might be one to watch. We can always use more d-line depth.

be nice if we jumped on this kid, maybe we can get him to camp and get on him there. I'm sure the coaches will get on him sooner rather than later. You can never have too many DL and OL, especially with Ben Martin and Chris Walker gone after next season, DL depth could still be an issue.

This kid is from Leonard Little's high school. Being from Western NC he more than likely is a UT fan. Tennessee has a great past in recruiting players from Western NC. IMO he will move to DT in college. I think he is a must get for '11 class.

This kid is from Leonard Little's high school. Being from Western NC he more than likely is a UT fan. Tennessee has a great past in recruiting players from Western NC. IMO he will move to DT in college. I think he is a must get for '11 class.

We truly have had some great successes in recruiting the Western Carolina area (I forget that Little was a Carolina kid), and I think that areas like the Carolinas can be key to re-building the program along with areas like Georgia, Virginia, Louisiana, and the occasional reach into Ohio and Florida(although we take as many from Florida as possible I understand that). This young man seems to have a distinguished list by most accounts and I think he's a guy that will probably get some attention from us if he shows an interest in listening. If he moves to DT that is just icing on the cake, DL is always a position where you take a kid who wants to play for you. Go get 'em coaches Thompson, Smith, and Dooley.

Pagan, who had 54 tackles, 11 tackles for loss and four sacks last year for Asheville High, has several visits planned in the coming weeks, including ones to Florida (Feb. 13) and Clemson (Feb. 20). He also hopes to visit North Carolina and Georgia Tech.

"They offered me a full scholarship following my junior day visit. I am excited and thankful for sure. It is an awesome place!"
His response when ask about Georgia's junior day last weekend.

I watched Asheville play Elizabethton,TN he didnt impress me much.He was a big kid but Asheville had a bunch of big kids.Besty only lost 10 to 3.Alcoa killed Besty in playoffs.I think Asheville plays Besty this year at Elizabethton so people in east TN can get a chance to watch this kid.

I watched Asheville play Elizabethton,TN he didnt impress me much.He was a big kid but Asheville had a bunch of big kids.Besty only lost 10 to 3.Alcoa killed Besty in playoffs.I think Asheville plays Besty this year at Elizabethton so people in east TN can get a chance to watch this kid.

I watched the same game and this kid blew up a couple power plays and caused the fumble to set-up Asheville's go ahead TD. IMO he will not become a DT - way too athletic and way too fast. He was a receiver before moving to DE & once had 5 TD's and over 300 yards receiving in the first half! Prototypical DE on the next level & a better Athlete than Leonard Little @ the same age. Would be nice to see him wear the Orange & White and be a part of Vol Nation. Excited to see him play in our backyard up in Elizabethton next year!

Besty should of won the game.The fumble came during a down poor.There no way he was better then Little.That Asheville team had had 2 kids go pro.In the playoffs this year Asheville let KP Parks rush 198 and 4 tds.I would love to see him go to Tennessee but that game i didnt see alot.The TE for Asheville was the best player on the field that night.

Besty should of won the game.The fumble came during a down poor.There no way he was better then Little.That Asheville team had had 2 kids go pro.In the playoffs this year Asheville let KP Parks rush 198 and 4 tds.I would love to see him go to Tennessee but that game i didnt see alot.The TE for Asheville was the best player on the field that night.

The TE kinda got snubbed on offers because of his weight. I watched him @ the Shrine Bowl and thought he was impressive. Very sure hands for a big-man. I agree that Besty should've won the game. There is alot of similarities between Pagan & Little....Pagan is stronger than Little at this point in his career and there is a possibility with his size that he could play some inside @ the next level if he continues to fill out...will probable be close to 280 when he graduates college. West Rowan just had a special group and they just wore Asheville down. Many of the Aville players had to play both ways and when your playing a good team with a fresh, big Offensive Line it can be tough to match-up. Little played MLB for aville, but really shined once he was able to put his hand on the ground. Regardless UT would be a nice place to see him play.

Bama just gave him an offer. Plans to visit later this spring. His offer list is becoming quite impressive.

Read that he is reluctant to be a stand-up LB in a 3-4 system, he'd rather be a true defensive end. This hurts Bama. As well as UGA, and Georgia Tech. All who run a 3-4.

Here is the low down. Just talked to my buddy who coaches @ Asheville. He said UT was on him heavily before Kiffin & Crew bailed out. He was extremely interested in us because we play in the SEC and we are less than 2 hours from home. However, they say he is pretty disappointed that we havent offered him yet. Some websites have him as the top player in NC and the people I talk to @ Scout.com say he his under-rated and has a strong shot @ being a top 5 DE nationally and a 5 Star prospect sometime early in his senior year. Word is that Orgeron hasnt forgot about him & USC is offering soon. Supposively Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon & Notre Dame will offer soon as well. Why have we not offered this kid yet?!?! My buddy says that we were the actual leader early on, but with all of his offers and the relationship that he is building with other coaching staff's that were gonna have a hard time landing this kid.......We need him in Orange & White! Cant believe we dont have an offer to this kid yet!!!!!!!

"The good news just keeps coming," Wilkins said. "He got offered by Notre Dame and USC over the weekend and Florida State's offer came in the mail today.

"Right now I am pretty open with everyone. I am looking at playing time because I don't want to sit around. I also want to be comfortable with the surrounding and pick a place where I feel comfortable. Location is not a factor for me."
-Jamie Newberg

Hopefully we will send an offer his way. He will probably be the top player in the state of NC this year.

So who have we offered?? Every thread I read says when the new staff came in they stopped hearing from us...wtf are they waiting on
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Here is the low down. Just talked to my buddy who coaches @ Asheville. He said UT was on him heavily before Kiffin & Crew bailed out. He was extremely interested in us because we play in the SEC and we are less than 2 hours from home. However, they say he is pretty disappointed that we havent offered him yet. Some websites have him as the top player in NC and the people I talk to @ Scout.com say he his under-rated and has a strong shot @ being a top 5 DE nationally and a 5 Star prospect sometime early in his senior year. Word is that Orgeron hasnt forgot about him & USC is offering soon. Supposively Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon & Notre Dame will offer soon as well. Why have we not offered this kid yet?!?! My buddy says that we were the actual leader early on, but with all of his offers and the relationship that he is building with other coaching staff's that were gonna have a hard time landing this kid.......We need him in Orange & White! Cant believe we dont have an offer to this kid yet!!!!!!!

Everything you said is dead on...

I really like Dooley... but he needs to have at least 1 coach recruiting the Carolinas and VA heavily... everything has been focused on GA, AL, TN, LA it seems... and while I think GA and TN are the most important, we are missing out right now with some top 100 kids..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back