'12 GA DT Jafar Mann

BigOrangeVol29

aka UTVolFan29 on Twitter
First, I've searched like crazy for him on the boards and didn't see a thread dedicated to him. Second, yeah I know he's a couple of years away but seems by most he's a guy to watch in the future.

JAFARMANN10_26150.JPG

Defensive tackle
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Stephenson
View Map

* Ht:6'3"
* Wt:265 lbs
* GPA:3.1
* Class:2012 (High School)

AMP: Jafar Mann highlights - Rivals.com Video

Says that he already has an offer from Tennessee with UT, Bama, UGA and Miami(FL) as his college choices while scout has Florida mixed in to that group. I didn't know we could offer this soon. Guess I was really wrong.

This kid will be on campus for the Orange and White game. He is a beast. He dominated our summer camp last year as a sophmore. Orgeron loved him and offered him on the spot.

He was at camp this past weekend. Scout lists him with an offer.

I believe that offer is from the old staff. I don't know if CDD has offered him yet.

Glad he was here though. He's a good one.

ON THE HOOF: Has wide shoulders and a thick powerbase. His build looks like someone who could project on either side of the ball. His body shape is similar to North Carolina defensive tackle Jared McAdoo.
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: Staying low at the point of attack while using his hands and arms to keep the offensive lineman off his body.
RECRUITING: This high effort performer hustled all night and it is no wonder he currently has an offer from Tennessee with strong interest from Alabama, Georgia, Miami and South Carolina. Look for schools to recruit him on both sides of the ball.

-Barry Every

2012 is a very VERY important recruiting year for DD and staff. That would be their 3rd class and and the 2012-2013 season should be a year UT seriously competes and is a top 20 team for good. Need to have expectations of 9 or even 10 wins in his 3rd year IMO depending on schedule of course. DT is going to be a huge need every year lol. Nice to be the first major offer!

The longer we are his only offer the better IMO. Kids remember their first offer, especially if it isn't followed by a flood of others.

Jafar Mann is a 6-3, 280-pound Defensive Tackle from Stone Mountain (Georgia) Stephenson. He is ranked No. 133 in the country by 247Sports. Mann is the No. 16 recruit in Georgia and is the No. 12 Defensive Tackle in the nation
- 24/7 Sports

Saw on 24/7 where he's hot on UT meaning he has high interest in Tennessee. But he's also high UGA, and the gators.

Didn't we get a kid last year out of this high school? I think he was a linebacker.

ESPN

"I know I have verbal offers from Miami, Tennessee, Auburn, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Florida State, USF, UCF, Mississippi State," Mann said. "And a few others but I can't remember them all."

Mann's week at the Georgia Junior Bowl has given him new goals to stride for.

"All of this competition around me has let me know that I need to continue to step my game up," Mann said. "There are a lot of players ready to take my spot and I want to be the best defensive player in Georgia."
Quinteze Williams highlights Georgia Junior Bowl notebook. - ESPN

VN Store

Back