Tyler Bray - Small School Player of the Year

CalifLadyVolFan

Quarterback Tyler Bray of Kingsburg High was named Cal-Hi Sports' Small School Player of the Year.

That makes two in a row for the Central Section, following Bakersfield Christian quarterback Derek Carr last season. He's now at Fresno State.

Bray, who led the Vikings to a 13-0 record, the section's Division IV title and a state No. 3 ranking in the division, was also among seven finalists for Cal-Hi's Mr. Football State Player of the Year. It went to Mission Bay-San Diego quarterback Dillon Baxter, who rushed for 2,974 yards and set a state record with 79 total touchdowns.

The Small Schools award was Kingsburg's first in football on the state level since Johnny Baker was recognized for Medium Schools in 1927.

"It's a really cool thing for Tyler and it brings focus back to Kingsburg," Vikings coach Dave Steele said.

link: Kingsburg QB wins state honor - Sports - Fresnobee.com

Merge into other thread if needed.

Congrats to Tyler and I hope he continues his success when he steps on the field at UT.

I would say from Tyler's perspective that last year and indeed just a few weeks ago, seem a life time removed.

Wow, some positive news for a change! Congrats TB!
Cannot wait to see him play over the next few years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebjd
He could win in 2012 and then the world ends?

Nothing like having the last word.

Last edited:
That makes two in a row for the Central Section, following Bakersfield Christian quarterback Derek Carr last season. He's now at Fresno State.

thats david carr's brother i assume?

VN Store

Back