So has this whole florida fiasco helped?

jbeard82

Green and Elam still seem to be favoring fl, and Willis...well who knows what he does. So would it be safe to say that if we dont land any of these guys bc of what coach UM is doing, then it dont matter who the coach is and they just wanna play for the gators?

Green and Elam still seem to be favoring fl, and Willis...well who knows what he does. So would it be safe to say that if we dont land any of these guys bc of what coach UM is doing, then it dont matter who the coach is and they just wanna play for the gators?

A couple of them have already said as much.

Willis was looking at Miami if im not mistaken but some say it is NC that he likes now.

I think we get Chaz Green. Elam could go to UT or FSU.

Cody Riggs is looking around now.

I dont think it is helping alot but it is not hurting at all either

Willis, I think from his facebook wall likes UNC & is probably going 2 announce NC on NSD

The Florida Fiasco wouldn't have any effect on Willis..

And Chaz Green isn't favoring Florida, but he wasn't favoring Florida before the incident either..

This incident has rekindled talked between Clark and UT and also Elam and UT.
Florida is upset that Clark and Elam have both decided to EE and something could come of this..

So in theory, It has helped us more than if it wouldn't have happened.

Does that make sense?

so basically it dosent matter who the gators have as a coach. they still wanna play there.

Your missing the point.. Yes, It has helped us

No, These kids wanna play for Urban.. Only reason it hasn't blown completely out of control is because Urban is telling them this is just a vacation and he is coming back..

Green has been all Vol for months now. Clark...who knows with him. It sounds like Elam will be a Gator once Urban straightens everything out but it is starting to sound like Urban may be getting tired of the whole deal with Elam, but who knows at this point?

Yes it has already helped. Some of the media, high school coaches, and recruits are already questioning what is going on in Gainesville and what the deal is with Meyer's change of heart. This is just the beginning because it is a dead period for recruiting.

Yes it has already helped. Some of the media, high school coaches, and recruits are already questioning what is going on in Gainesville and what the deal is with Meyer's change of heart. This is just the beginning because it is a dead period for recruiting.

Nice one.. :)

Pun intended?

[B said:
Back2BackGator[/B];3130623]Green has been all Vol for months now. Clark...who knows with him. It sounds like Elam will be a Gator once Urban straightens everything out but it is starting to sound like Urban may be getting tired of the whole deal with Elam, but who knows at this point?

Yes he's tired of kids not eating up his waffles. Hope Meyer has plenty of Raid and Decon handy, the bugs in Florida are getting ready to eat his candy a$$!

the sad thing is we all get fired up & excited to see some effects of all this but we have to wait for a while. don't get me wrong i'm loving all the questions...but it's like a double edged sword.

Last edited:
I don't believe Meyer will coach much/at all this season but most of these kids believe he's coming back and the others just want to play for UF so we'll see what happens .....ATP Clark and Elam are the only two who seem to really be looking elsewhere. Now that Florida is bringing in Urban Meyer to replace Urban Meyer, where do Dwyer recruits stand? | High School Buzz
Meyer’s decision stuns Gators 2010 recruits | ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

The only gator fan on this board that I agree with more than 10% of the time. Glad you aren't trying to sugarcoat what's really going on here!

I don't believe Meyer will coach much/at all this season but most of these kids believe he's coming back and the others just want to play for UF so we'll see what happens .....ATP Clark and Elam are the only two who seem to really be looking elsewhere. Now that Florida is bringing in Urban Meyer to replace Urban Meyer, where do Dwyer recruits stand? | High School Buzz
Meyer’s decision stuns Gators 2010 recruits | ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive
I don't think it will destroy UF's recruiting class but some of these kids have doubts in their minds already. All it takes is a little negative recruiting to grow those doubts and make some kids jump ship. I think UF still ends up with a good class but there will be more than Elam and Clark jumping ship when all is said and done. Things will heat up after the dead period IMO.

VN Store

Back